Dr. Christina L Litherland Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Christina L Litherland?

40-120 mins in waiting room. She takes on too many patients and doesn't have enough time with patients to answer all questions. She rushes threw everything in 5 minutes.

Nice, but I would not recommend to a first time mom

I will go through all the reasons for my views on this OB.First off, wait time is ridiculous. Especially for this particular OB, I'm not sure why this is. I've waited 1-2+ hours multiple times before finally being seen. I would not give a bad review solely on this, so please continue on.While Dr. Litherland is nice and probably has a wealth of information, she does not want to talk. She wants to get your baby's BP and then she wants out of there; very impersonal. If you don't have a list of questions, you probably won't get a chance to ask anything as she only gives you seconds to talk before she runs out of the room. Adding to this, if you are a first time mother, you usually don't know what to ask and it is really frustrating to be so in the dark. Yes, there are books out there, but as an OB you need to give some information, I should not have to demand it.She never gave any information on birth plans, breastfeeding or even what to do if labor started. Her answers to these and other questions were vague at best and she seemed to already have her mind on leaving the second she starts talking to you. I also never got lab results unless I specifically asked for them and they acted like I was hassling them, they are my lab results and I should be able to know them. If I did not ask for them I wouldn't know if I had a problem or not, this is especially frustrating when you are nervous about gestational diabetes testing and you never get results. Even if you are negative, the patient needs to know.She is efficient at getting an exam in under 5 minutes (if you don't count the horrible wait time to get in), which may be what you want if you don't want a relationship with your OB and don't care about getting information. But, this is not acceptable when you are a first time mother and are scared, confused and need information and advice and she is incapable of volunteering it.If you have to go through St John's, I would not recommend this OB, but I do not have experience with the others. I had to see two nurses during my pregnancy and they were both very nice and informative; they seemed very personal and wanted to give you all the information you need. Nurse Hyden in particular was an excellent nurse to see and if I didn't know she was a nurse I would have picked her as my OB.I am not getting a free ride from the state and have to pay the big bucks for OB care and etc, so I want what I pay for. I did not get the care I deserved with Dr. Litherland.I hope that this will help future patients in deciding on an OB and possibly improve Dr. Litherland if she reads this. If she does, please take what I said into account and apply it. You seem to be a very nice person, but you have a lot of room for improvement.

Dr. Christina L Litherland is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Springfield, MO.