Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Christina T Meyer
Dr. Christina T Meyer, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Brookfield, WI. She has 16 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Meyer is affiliated with Children's Hospital of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Campus. Dr. Meyer has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Christina T Meyer has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
Showing 5 of 8
Dr. Meyer is probably a very good doctor with regular things, like yearly physicals, colds, strep... However for the past 6 months I have been having some unusual symptoms, and Dr. Meyer isn't sure what it is, but instead of coming up with ideas she tries to get me out of her office as quickly as possible. I need a doctor who is more aggressive and willing to try and get to the bottom of things, not pass it off as probably normal. At my most recent appointment, Dr. Meyer spent 2 minutes talking to me before referring me off to someone else, without really even asking how I was feeling and if my symptoms had changed (the nurse asked that prior to the doctor coming in, but shouldn't the doctor too?). She did not even say WHY she was referring me to this type of doctor. Needless to say, I will be switching doctors. The clinic was very kind and receptive when I told them about my disappointment with my recent appointment. The office staff is always very friendly and courteous. Making appointments is not very difficult.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
Dr. Meyer is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
16 Years Experience
Loyola University Chicago Stritch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2002
Dr. Christina T Meyer accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
Network Health Plan
- Network Health Plan HMO POS
- Network Health Plan Individual
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- WPS Group
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSunnyslope Health Center, 1350 S Sunny Slope Rd, Brookfield, WI
Dr. Christina T Meyer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Brookfield, WI.