The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Christina Parkhurst
Dr. Christina Parkhurst, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Chattanooga, TN, with other offices in Roswell, GA and Thomasville, GA (and 1 other location). She has 8 years of experience. Her specialties include General Surgery. Dr. Parkhurst is affiliated with Early Memorial Hospital, North Fulton Hospital and Grady General Hospital. Dr. Parkhurst has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Christina Parkhurst has the following 1 specialty
- General Surgery
A surgical specialist is a physician who has additional training in a specific area of surgery.
The American Board of Medical Specialties acknowledges the following surgical specialties: general surgery, thoracic and cardiac surgery, colon and rectal surgery, obstetrics and gynecological surgery, neurological surgery, ophthalmic surgery, oral and maxillofacial surgery, orthopedic surgery, otolaryngological surgery, pediatric surgery, plastic surgery, urological surgery, and vascular surgery.
Some procedures are performed by more than one type of specialist. Also, some surgeons may choose to specialize in specific procedures within their specialty area. For example, a plastic and maxillofacial surgeon may specialize in performing rhinoplasty procedures.
Dr. Christina Parkhurst has the following 2 expertise
- Laparoscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
Dr. Christina Parkhurst has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 11
Surgery went well. However, the lack of care afterwards was inexcusable. I was discharged by a nurse after not being checked by the surgeon for 2 days. Ended up with a terrible infection that would have been seen had the Doctor bothered to look at the incision. Had to be reopened by a reputable surgeon at a different hospital 2 days later and now have an open wound. Will need more surgery to repair the damage. I will have some disfigurement forever. This could have been avoided.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Parkhurst is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Early Memorial Hospital
North Fulton Hospital
Grady General Hospital
John D Archbold Memorial Hospital
8 Years Experience
Meharry Medical College
Graduated in 2005
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Christina Parkhurst is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chattanooga, TN.