Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Christine A Alexander-Decker MD
Dr. Christine A Alexander-Decker, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Saratoga Springs, NY, with another office in Gansevoort, NY. She has 21 years of experience. Her specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism and Internal Medicine. She speaks English.
Dr. Christine A Alexander-Decker has 2 locations
Book Online Now
Dr. Christine A Alexander-Decker has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Christine A Alexander-Decker has the following 15 expertise
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Gland Issues
- Thyroid Diseases
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Calcium Metabolism Disorders
- Cushing Disease
- Addison Disease
Showing 5 of 8
Self-verified patient of Dr. Christine A Alexander-Decker - Posted on October 14th, 2018
Self-verified patient of Dr. Christine A Alexander-Decker - Posted on August 14th, 2018
Not a good recommendation for this doctor
Self-verified patient of Dr. Christine A Alexander-Decker - Posted on July 9th, 2018
From the moment she walked in she acted like she had a chip on her shoulder. I had been seeing a PA and was recommended to see a doctor and was set up with her. She treated me with disrespect and got very upset when I shared some areas of concern with my health and asked about some tests that we might run. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone. She is very unprofessional.
Just getting an appt.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Christine A Alexander-Decker - Posted on November 21st, 2017
I was referred by my Doctor for a new pt visit it has been 4 weeks and I have not heard a word called and was told they didnt get the blood work results so dont know if we can see you .You have to understand this is a specialist office and it takes time .Really so called Albany today got an appt in December .Never have been treated like this before and I work in the medical field.I would never send anyone there.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Christine A Alexander-Decker - Posted on October 1st, 2013
I also did not have a good experience with this Dr. I only went to see her one time due to her curt & strangely defensive manner. During the rather quick new patient visit (under 10 minutes), I related to her what my primary doc had told me about my thyroid issues. She seemed perturbed by that, dismissed me & said, "Then why don't you just see Dr *** for your thyroid", jotted something in the chart & left the room. Frankly, I was bewildered by this person...
21 Years Experience
Albany Medical College
Graduated in 1997
Albany Memorial Hospital
Dr. Christine A Alexander-Decker Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP HMO
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Christine A Alexander-Decker, MD - Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism in Saratoga Springs, NY, in this video.
Dr. Christine A Alexander-Decker is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Saratoga Springs, NY.