Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Facts about menorrhagia; causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Christine Blake
Dr. Christine Blake, MD, MPH is a Doctor primarily located in Tulsa, OK, with another office in Tulsa, OK. She has 26 years of experience. Her specialties include Obstetrics and Gynecology and Maternal and Fetal Medicine. Dr. Blake is affiliated with St Francis Hospital, Hillcrest Medical Center and St John Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Christine Blake has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
- Maternal and Fetal Medicine
- Birth Control
- Child Birth
- Hot Flashes
- Menstrual Pain
- Pap Smear
- Pelvic Exam
- Women's Health
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 30
I did not meet Dr. Blake until I was in the hospital with HELLP Syndrome. My doctor had been monitoring me very closely, for fear of me developing something like this; however, since it was the weekend and my doctor was not on-call, I was at the mercy of other doctors. HELLP Syndrome is extremely dangerous to both mother and baby and is essentially the mother's body shutting down (dying). Dr. Blake actually asked if I wanted to do a c-section or have a THREE day labor and then deliver vaginally. I was not dilated at all, so my labor would be extremely long. Since I had developed HELLP Syndrome, I would not be allowed any pain meds or even my blood pressure medicine, the entire labor. Seeing as she was the high risk doctor, I asked what her advice was. Instead of focusing on my immediate health concerns, as well as my baby's, she simply said, "If you want more then two kids, you need to try it vaginally. If you want two or less, you can do a c-section." I was a first time mom, in the hospital, without the care of my long time doctor, and was being given the option of type of delivery, based off of my emotions (how many kids I want) instead of explaining what was actually happening to my body and my baby AT THAT MOMENT. That was the first and last time I saw her. I initially, chose the labor (not knowing exactly what HELLP syndrome was at the time), but about an hour later, I made the decision to do an immediate c-section. When I finally got to see my doctor (two days later), I could tell she was NOT happy with the advice I had been given and was extremely glad I had clear enough mind to make the right decision. Sidenote: My doctor, and many others, feel completely comfortable performing up to four c-sections on a person. The question should have never been asked to me, luckily for me and my family, I am not persuaded easily and always trust my gut. That should not have to be the case when working with a high risk doctor.
Dr. Blake is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Saint Francis Hospital - Broken Arrow
St John Owasso
St John Sapulpa
Saint Francis Heart Hospital
26 Years Experience
University Of Nebraska College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1991
University Of Oklahoma College Of Medicine
Dr. Christine Blake accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Christine Blake in this video.
Dr. Christine Blake is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tulsa, OK.