Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Christine D Bussey
Dr. Christine D Bussey, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Fairfax, VA. She has 22 years of experience. Her specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Bussey is affiliated with Inova Fairfax Hospital. Dr. Bussey has received 4 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Christine D Bussey has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Christine D Bussey has the following 16 expertise
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Blood Clot
- Heart Failure
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Heart Attack
- High Cholesterol
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Diseases
- Women's Health
Dr. Christine D Bussey has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Christine D Bussey is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 18
I have seen Dr. Bussey a number of times after being hospitalized for congestive heart failure. Everything about my appointments with her have been top notch. She never seems to busy to answer my questions and help me understand what is going on. If sometimes she is a little late in seeing me it is more than made up for by the time she will take with me. The front desk staff at the office Arlington Blvd. office leave some to be desired but I wouldn't hold that aginst her.
My dr's office called and got the appt. for me, so it was fast, I think it might have been longer if I did it myself. I waited about 30 minutes in the waiting room, but she was in to the examining room to see me almost immediately. I have to say she is the best DR EVER!! She is a true example of what patients are looking for, and it was the first time in a long time that I felt like more than just a name or insurance payment. She was so attentive, patient, and actually took the time to read the reports I provided and discuss them. She actually went line by line at times to discuss the medical items on my documents!!! She did not make me feel rushed, and she really seemed to care about me as a patient. I would highly recommmend her. I have not had a follow-up yet, but feel that I will be very happy with her attention to the rest of my care/follow-up. She has a very calm demeanor. If I needed any cardiac intervention I would feel more than confident having her as my doctor. She is by far a 5++++ so please do not hesitate going to her.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2012, 2016, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
NCQA Patient-Centered Specialty Practice
NCQA-architect of America's most popular patient-centered medical home model-has extended medical home concepts to specialists: NCQA Patient-Centered Specialty Practice Recognition. Now, specialty practices committed to access, communication and care coordination can earn accolades as the "neighbors" that surround and inform the medical home and colleagues in primary care.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Bussey is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
22 Years Experience
University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1996
Johns Hopkins Health System
Dr. Christine D Bussey accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Aetna Innovation Health
- Aetna VA Signature Gold HMO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsInova Medical Group, 8505 Arlington Blvd Ste 200, Fairfax, VA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Christine D Bussey in this video.
Dr. Christine D Bussey is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fairfax, VA.