Get the important facts about acne, including the different types and what causes it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Christine M Cole MD
Dr. Christine M Cole, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Thousand Oaks, CA, with another office in Thousand Oaks, CA. She has 11 years of experience. Her specialties include Dermatology and Dermatopathology. She speaks English.
Dr. Christine M Cole has 2 locations
267 W Hillcrest Dr
Thousand Oaks, CA 91360
267 W Hillcrest Dr Ste 1
Thousand Oaks, CA 91360
Dr. Christine M Cole has the following 2 specialties
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
A dermatopathologist is an expert in both dermatology and pathology. They specialize in diseases related to the skin, but where a dermatologist would examine a potentially-cancerous mole by looking at it, a dermatopathologist would examine your skin cells in a lab, more like a pathologist.
Beyond just skin cancer, dermatopathologists also study a wide range of skin conditions, including everything from warts, moles, spider veins and herpes, to dermatitis, rashes, vitiligo and other conditions related to skin discoloration.
Dr. Christine M Cole has the following 11 expertise
- Basal Cell
- Skin Biopsy
- Skin Cancer
- Actinic Keratosis
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
Dr. Christine M Cole is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Self-verified patient of Dr. Christine M Cole - Posted on March 20th, 2018
Self-verified patient of Dr. Christine M Cole - Posted on February 9th, 2016
Christine Cole Mayo Clinic Dermatologist
Self-verified patient of Dr. Christine M Cole - Posted on March 25th, 2010
She was unable to diagnose my condition. She called in 12 other Mayo clinic dermatologist to do so. She was sweet and caring but failed to produce medical answers. She did call several times, to follow up on me. She spent time answering questions on the phone. She returned my phone calls personally with in 20 minutes usually. She did misdiagnose my condition at one point sending me to another hospital believing my condition was life threatening. I suffered PTSD due to the lack of knowledge and information Cole and her staff provided. I had no insurance and 100% feel their care for me was poor due to that fact. I do not recommend Christine Cole for severe conditions, moderate acne issues, a boil maybe.
11 Years Experience
Loma Linda University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2007
Dr. Christine M Cole Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Humana Choice POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Christine M Cole is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Thousand Oaks, CA.