More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Youth Sports Injuries Facts about youth sports injuries, including the causes and types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Christine A Kohler-Ekstrand has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Sports Medicine
A sports medicine specialist is a physician who is trained to diagnose and treat injuries and conditions caused by participation in athletic activities.
These doctors are generally employed by professional sports teams to care for the athletes who are injured. They have extensive knowledge of the types of injuries that athletes are most susceptible to, such as stress fractures, sprains, concussions, muscle cramps, ACL injuries, and shin splints.
It is the responsibility of sports medicine specialist to clear athletes to return to the playing field when they are deemed fit. These doctors also advise athletes on how to avoid injury through proper care of their bodies while training.
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Dupuytren's Contracture
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
I feel very lucky to have seen Dr. EKSTRAND for a second opinion regarding a knee issue, for which I was told surgery was needed. She took time to listen to my problem and reviewed the MRI films with me, which my other doctor never did. She recommended to try specific therapy exercises and hold off on surgery. She was right! My knee got better without surgery and I am able to do everything I want! And by the way the office manager, Dawn is great.
Dr. Ekstrand is an amazing caring doctor, who took time to listen to my shoulder pain. She pin pointed the problem and told me that surgery was required. I wanted to try rehabilitation first and I was impressed that the doctor supported me although she thought that eventually surgery was needed. She was right. Although physical therapy improved my pain I was not cured. Her staff is amazing and set up surgery in no time. The UCLA surgery center was great and surgery went uneventful. Postop rehab was hard but my shoulder is perfect again. I am so grateful to have a normal shoulder again and play with my kids without any hesitation. Thanks sooo much to a great and caring surgeon, Dr. Ekstrand.
- Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School Of Medicine
Dr. Christine A Kohler-Ekstrand accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUniversity Sports Medicine & Orthopedic Surgery, 100 Ucla Medical Plz Ste 440, Los Angeles, CA
Dr. Christine A Kohler-Ekstrand is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Los Angeles, CA.