Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- High Cholesterol Facts about high cholesterol, including risk factors for getting it.
- Obesity Facts about obesity, including causes, risks & doctors who treat it.
- Pulmonary Embolism Facts about pulmonary embolism, including symptoms and risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Christine M Gasperetti has the following 2 specialties
Cardiologists are doctors who specialize in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of conditions related to the heart and blood vessels.
A patient may be referred to a cardiologist if he experiences symptoms like chest pains, shortness of breath, dizziness, or high blood pressure. The physician will then evaluate your symptoms, take your health and family history and your weight. The cardiologist may order additional diagnostic tests, such as an echocardiogram, X-ray or blood tests. If necessary, the cardiologist may also call for a cardiac catheterization - a procedure in which a small tube is inserted into or near the heart that can take pictures of the heart's activity, or relieve blockage.
Once determining whether there is a heart condition, a cardiologist will treat a patient through cholesterol management, cardiac rehabilitation, and fitness. If surgical intervention is required, like open-heart surgery, a cardiologist will make that determination, but a cardiothoracic surgeon will perform the procedure.
- Cardiovascular Disease
Dr. Christine M Gasperetti has the following 22 expertise
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Block
- Congenital Heart Disease (Patent Ductus Arteriosus)
- Lipid Metabolism Disorders
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Myocardial Diseases
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Myocardial Infarction
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Diseases
- Chest Pain (Angina)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Angina (Angina Pectoris)
- Lipid Disorders
- Heart Failure
- Heart Disease (Myocardial Ischemia)
- Heart Catheterization
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty & Stent
- Heart Valve Diseases
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm
Showing 5 of 8
I decided to visit Dr. Gasparetti for a second opinion for some infrequently recurring chest pain that my first cardiologist indicated he was "unconcerned about" since previous tests he over a year ago were all "normal". I am so glad to know that doctors like Dr, Gasparetti are still around! She has a great bedside manner and is very thoughtful and concerned in her approach. She requested additional blood work and cardiac tests that I hadn't received upon being admitted to a local hospital over a year ago. I should mention that I am an older woman and am aware of some of the biases that male physicians often impose on their female patients. There is none of that with Dr, Gasparetti; I am treated respectfully, thoughtfully, and seriously. She also went the extra distance by calling me after hours with results on some test results that she was concerned about. I am very pleased with the care I am receiving her from her. Her staff at Penn Presbyterian is great too!
Patients' Choice Award (2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
34 Years Experience
Mount Sinai School Of Medicine Of New York University
Graduated in 1984
Brigham & Womens Hospital
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsRobert D Fry Md, 301 S 8th St, Philadelphia, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Christine M Gasperetti in this video.
Dr. Christine M Gasperetti is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Philadelphia, PA.