Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Christine C Hansen has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Women's Health
- Hot Flashes
- Menstrual Pain
- Pelvic Exam
- Breast Exam
- Pap Smear
- Birth Control
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 14
If I could give no stars, I would. I have never given a bad review for anyone ever, so this is a first for me. However, I feel it is my responsibility to share my dreadful experience with other women. I have never had such a traumatic experience with an obgyn until visiting this practice. I just had my first pap here, and I have been bleeding ever since! I came home feeling nauseous, very tender and sore and went straight to sleep. My husband came home and put me in the bath and felt frustrated and sad for me. It's been 6 days, and I'm still bleeding. I feel completely violated. She didn't use any lubrication during the pap! It was SOOOOO uncomfortable and made me very anxious. No pap is great, but there are things that can be done to help soothe the experience. The doctor was not at all personable, made me feel I didn't know my own body and was very cold. She didn't have much to say at all and had very uncomfortable bedside manners. She made the rude comment, "What, you don't know when you're ovulating?" I felt she was threatened by my support of Eastern medicine. As soon as she walked in the room, I could feel her negative energy. If this isn't enough, I have had breast pain and discomfort, and they will not authorize an MRI, which I've been advised to get. I'm beyond furious and angry that they treat their patients in this manner. We're planning to try and get pregnant and I'd like to know my breasts are okay. They just said no and refuse to authorize it without any further comment or concern. I ended up getting into an argument with them over the phone and demanded that their office manager please call me ASAP. Do they want patients to go without diagnosis and end up with worse conditions later? Maybe so. Maybe it's all about making money for them instead of what's best for their patients. I will never step foot in this practice again. I want to warn other women, so they don't have to go through the traumatic experience I have. I don't wish this upon anyone.
I would never recommend her for how she coldly came across and how questioning her procedures and stating my issues were not of a concern to her. It was like she only knows how to go through the motions of what she knows and needs to do but unable to have a comforting rapport with a patient. To me and my relative who were in the room with her felt she lacked much of what patients should receive and to me that showed such unprofessionalism! Not to mention her diagnosis was way off and if she would have listened to me..I would not have gone through what followed after her my appointment with her!
Dr. Hansen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
25 Years Experience
University Of Colorado School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1993
University Of Colorado Health
Dr. Christine C Hansen accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CO Blue Priority HMO
- Anthem CO Blue Priority PPO
- Anthem CO HMO
- Anthem PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Rocky Mountain Health
- Rocky Mountain Good Health and Vista HMO PPO
- Rocky Mountain Summit Group
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsBoulder Womens Care, 4745 Arapahoe Ave Ste 110, Boulder, CO
Dr. Christine C Hansen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Boulder, CO.