Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Christine D Northrup has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Christine D Northrup has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Christine D Northrup has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Christine D Northrup is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
I was a patient of Dr. Northrup's for 6 years. I recently went in for a yearly physical and was told they no longer take my insurance. I never received a letter or an indication that my insurance was a problem. Dr. Northrup told me that she would be happy to continue to refill my non-narcotic prescription until I could find a new doctor. Well it has been four months and I'm still waiting for an appointment with a new doctor. I called today to ask for another refill and was treated very rudely. Thanks for all you help. I would not recommend this doctors office to anyone.
25 Years Experience
University Of Vermont College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1993
Fletcher Allen Healthcare
Dr. Christine D Northrup accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
Locations & DirectionsShelburne Medical Office, 5138 Shelburne Rd, Shelburne, VT
Dr. Christine D Northrup is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Shelburne, VT.