The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Christine Rizk
Dr. Christine Rizk, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Stony Brook, NY, with another office in Hartford, CT. She has 11 years of experience. Her specialties include General Surgery. Dr. Rizk is affiliated with Stony Brook University Hospital and University Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Christine Rizk has the following 1 specialty
- General Surgery
A surgical specialist is a physician who has additional training in a specific area of surgery.
The American Board of Medical Specialties acknowledges the following surgical specialties: general surgery, thoracic and cardiac surgery, colon and rectal surgery, obstetrics and gynecological surgery, neurological surgery, ophthalmic surgery, oral and maxillofacial surgery, orthopedic surgery, otolaryngological surgery, pediatric surgery, plastic surgery, urological surgery, and vascular surgery.
Some procedures are performed by more than one type of specialist. Also, some surgeons may choose to specialize in specific procedures within their specialty area. For example, a plastic and maxillofacial surgeon may specialize in performing rhinoplasty procedures.
- Breast Cancer
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 21
Dr. Rizk is a wonderful doctor who's on top of her game. Her due diligence saved me the trouble of returning for another surgery 6 or 12 months from now from a cancerous tumor that would have probably started to grow and spread, when no other doctor suggested taking a biospy of the other breast and didn't insist on a MRI as she did. She is very thorough and covers everything. She answers all questions, doesn't rush the appointment, and has a very competent and supportive staff. They are truly a team and will be your quarterback! She tries to do everything for your convenience. The hospital was equally as good and I received exceptional care. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Dr. Rizk to anyone. She is just fabulous in every way: knowledgeable, dedicated, bed side manner, etc! I had consultations with other surgeons and none came close to my experience with her.
Dr. Rizk is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Stony Brook University Hospital
11 Years Experience
State University Of New York Upstate Medical University
Graduated in 2002
Dr. Christine Rizk accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna CT AWH MC OA w/Pediatric Dental
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem CT Pathway X Enhanced Ind HMO
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
- Anthem Pathway X Ind PPO Direct Access CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Connecticare Passage
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Christine Rizk is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Stony Brook, NY.