Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Christine Saroian has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Christine Saroian has the following 17 expertise
- Depressive Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. Christine Saroian is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 29
We live in a small town quite a long ways from Dr. S. I've been seeing her for several years, and she always works with me to make appts convenient for me, in conjunction with other reasons I have to be in the S.D. area. Her diagnostic and listening skills are wonderful. But the greatest thing for me has been her ability to determine which medications are most beneficial for me. She stays up to date and keeps refining what works best. The staff question is n/a. Unbelievably, she is a one-man show and handles everything herself. Love her!
I have never met or heard of a physician who was so rude and unprofessional as Dr. Saroian. I was diagnosed with a serious medical condition which is exacerbated by anxiety. I waited 50 minutes patiently at her office while she was with a patient only to ask her to approve a generic form of my lexapro prescription. (I don't currently have medical insurance so need to go with the generic form of all medications.) I asked her if I could have a minute of her time and mentioned that I have a medical condition. She instantly cut me off and practically shouted at me that "she doesn't care, I need an appointment". I can't believe how she spoke to me, especially since she's a psychiatrist (not that it matters). I would advise anyone to NOT see this psychiatrist. This isn't the first time she's been rude to me. She seems to flip a switch and snaps. She needs to take some of the medication she prescribes her patients.
Dr. Saroian is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
- Royal College Of Surgeons In Ireland
University Of Connecticut Health Center
Dr. Christine Saroian accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
Locations & DirectionsChristine Saroian Md, 2928 Jefferson St, Carlsbad, CA
Dr. Christine Saroian is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Carlsbad, CA.