Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Christine L Shields has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
Dr. Shields is appalling. She talked AT me for over an hour and then did absolutely nothing to treat the medical condition which brought me to her. I will NEVER go to the MGH walk in again [and I work at MGH]. Frankly, I was horrified that she is allowed to work there. I thought MGH had much higher standards.
I was her patient for several years. She is very knowledgeable about medicine, but her rough and rude manner do not compensate for her medical background. I was very dissatisfied with her when I had a serious medical scare and needed reassurance, not brashness. There are too many excellent doctors who are both medically savvy AND caring.
44 Years Experience
Tufts University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1974
University Of Rochester Medical Center
Dr. Christine L Shields accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsChristine L Shields Md, 78 Captains Row, Chelsea, MA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Christine L Shields in this video.
Dr. Christine L Shields is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chelsea, MA.