Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Christine M Theard
Dr. Christine M Theard, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Laguna Niguel, CA. She has 34 years of experience. Her specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Theard is affiliated with Orange Coast Memorial Medical Center, Mission Hospital Regional Medical Center and Mission Hospital Laguna Beach. Dr. Theard has received 3 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Christine M Theard has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Christine M Theard has the following 13 expertise
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Failure
- Blood Clot
- Heart Block
- Heart Attack
- High Cholesterol
- Unstable Angina
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Heart Diseases
Dr. Christine M Theard is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
She is a wonderful, caring doctor.
I've been seeing Dr. Theard for many years now, which means I've seen her anywhere from 10 - 15 separate visits. It's a given that she's clearly technically competent with excellent credentials. More important, though, she has always taken the time to talk with me. Through simple person-to-person conversation, she has learned about my "lifestyle" and the other doctors I'm seeing for other health issues. Important to me, however, is that over time she has explained the different tests being run for my heart condition, why the tests were important, what drugs affected them, what I could do to improve my "scores," current research thinking, etc. I've never been rushed and when I've asked about something or other I saw on the internet about heart disease or my scores, she responded without being dismissive or condescending. I see on here that someone said she was not warm and fuzzy. I'm not sure what that means when you're talking about your heart doctor, but when I'm in her office I'm with a human being who treats me with respect and concern and who listens to me. She is the only doctor in her practice and I always feel I'm the only concern on her mind when I'm seeing her, although I'm sure there is nothing particularly challenging or interesting about my heart condition or the treatment!
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011, 2014, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Theard is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
34 Years Experience
Baylor College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
Baylor Medical Center
Dr. Christine M Theard accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsPacific Coast Heart Center, 30131 Town Center Dr Ste 237, Laguna Niguel, CA
Dr. Christine M Theard is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Laguna Niguel, CA.