Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Christine L Twining
Dr. Christine L Twining, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Scarborough, ME. She has 17 years of experience. Her specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism and Internal Medicine. Dr. Twining is affiliated with Mercy Hospital State Street Campus, Maine Medical Center and St Mary's Regional Medical Center. Dr. Twining has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Christine L Twining has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Addison Disease
- Gland Issues
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Cushing Disease
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
Her evidence based approach to medicine is refreshing. She doesn't make decisions based on personal bias but through scientific tests and knowledge. Furthermore, she is empathetic and compassionate. Just because you may be overweight or a large person she doesn't immediately conclude that you are diabetic, an overeater, or less worthy of treatment because you are not perfect.
Never able to see the doctor as the front office staff lost my paperwork. They cancelled my appointment after they said they never received the records my primary faxed over! Waited 3 months for the appointment and drove over 40 miles to the office right after a snow storm just to find out they gave my appointment time to someone else. Not to be trusted. If you do chose to use this office, call ahead, several times to make sure they don't canel your appointment. Can't speak to the doctor's ability as they would not fit me in to see her, even after my records were re-faxed.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Twining is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
17 Years Experience
Duke University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2001
Dr. Christine L Twining accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Choice PPO - ME
- Anthem HMO Maine
- Anthem Pathway - ME
- Anthem Pathway Enhanced - ME
- Anthem Pathway X Enhanced/Ind Guided Access ME
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMaine Medical Endocrinology Diabetes Center, 175 US Route 1, Scarborough, ME
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Christine L Twining in this video.
Dr. Christine L Twining is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Scarborough, ME.