Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Christine M Wallace has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Christine M Wallace has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Christine M Wallace is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
I had a blood clot- which she insisted (snidely) was a bug bite. I got a second opinion from a different doctor and was treated accordingly. The final straw is as follows. I am 5'2" and at that time 252 lbs- and Diabetic. I have procured a personal trainer. I work out 3 - 5 times a week (with a 100 lb weight loss goal) and asked to have my meds cut back. She prescribes a LOT of meds- while being extremely discouraging about diet and exercise. Her exact words were- with a scoff "*snicker* Be realistic... in order for you to lose 100 pounds you would have to work out all day, every day for the rest of your life- for OUR purposes all you need to lose is 10% of your body weight..." and then proceeded to prescribe shots to the stomach (!).... which my insurance company denied as not medically necessary. I got a new doctor- who cut my 1000mg /day IN HALF!... I have lost 30 pounds... I have gone from a size 3x to 1x... MY WEIGHT LOSS/DIABETIC JOURNEY IS DIFFICULT ENOUGH WITHOUT HAVING A DOCTOR THAT DOESNT' SHARE THE SAME HEALTHY VISION THAT I HAVE FOR MY LIFE. I DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW MY CAREGIVER CAN ATTEMPT TO LIMIT MY WEIGHT LOSS TO 25 POUNDS OFF OF A 250 POUND BODY.
NCQA Diabetes Recognition Program
NCQA developed the Diabetes Recognition Program (DRP) to provide clinicians with tools to support the delivery and recognition of consistent high quality care. This voluntary program is designed to recognize clinicians who use evidence-based measures and provide excellent care to their patients with diabetes.
26 Years Experience
Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1992
University Health Center Of Pittsburgh
Dr. Christine M Wallace accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- Buckeye Ambetter Balanced
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Premier Health Plan
- Premier HealthOne
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate POS
Locations & DirectionsGroup Health, 8040 Princeton Glendale Rd, West Chester, OH
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Christine M Wallace in this video.
Dr. Christine M Wallace is similar to the following 3 Doctors near West Chester, OH.