Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Christo J Shakr MD
Dr. Christo J Shakr has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Christo J Shakr has the following 11 expertise
- Hot Flashes
- Menstrual Pain
- Birth Control
- Women's Health
- Child Birth
- Pelvic Exam
- Pap Smear
Showing 5 of 10
Self-verified patient of Dr. Christo J Shakr - Posted on February 13th, 2019
Self-verified patient of Dr. Christo J Shakr - Posted on August 17th, 2017
Dr. Christo Shakr, MD
Self-verified patient of Dr. Christo J Shakr - Posted on April 23rd, 2017
Dr. Shakr is a very knowledgeable and kind obstetrician. He is always very courteous and a great listener. I would recommend any one in need of an obstetrician to Dr. Shakr. Privacy is utmost and he has great ethics when it is needed with utmost importance to confidentiality. Dr. Shakr had my well being always first upon every doctor visit and truly is a great person so I wrote this review and hope it is helpful. Thank you Dr. Shakr for your sincere professionalism while expressing concern over my health for many years with a great humbleness! I truly appreciate all those cherished moments knowing you were my doctor so Thank you, thank you, thank you!! You are wonderful!!!😁 D. Parks
Self-verified patient of Dr. Christo J Shakr - Posted on February 21st, 2017
Self-verified patient of Dr. Christo J Shakr - Posted on September 26th, 2012
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2014, 2015, 2018, 2017)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2011, 2015, 2012, 2016, 2018, 2017)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2014, 2016, 2018, 2012, 2017, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Shakr is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
38 Years Experience
American University Of Beirut
Graduated in 1981
St Margarets Hospital For Women
Dr. Christo J Shakr Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue Select
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCROWN OB/GYN, 300 Congress St Ste 102, Quincy, MA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Christo J Shakr, MD - Obstetrics and Gynecology in Quincy, MA, in this video.
Dr. Christo J Shakr is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Quincy, MA.