Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Christopher A Smith has the following 1 specialty
- Allergy & Immunology
Dr. Christopher A Smith has the following 20 expertise
- Food Allergy (Hypersensitivity)
- Hives (Urticaria)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Hay Fever
- Sinus Infection (Sinusitis)
- Hay Fever (Seasonal Allergic Rhinitis)
- Watery Eyes
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
- Food Allergies
- Nasal Allergies
Showing 5 of 12
Dr. Smith is really the only option in Cortland unless you want to go to a place where the dr's rotate every time you visit and the owner is never present. But aside from that, he is a caring, patient doctor who will listen to your ailments and provide great medical care. He is always taking part in recent studies and seems to be a great leader in the field.
When I first went to Dr. Smith my asthma had been out of control for several months of prednisone and hospitalizations and my other physicians had sort of thrown up their hands and given up. He took the time to consider all my treatment options including a new study that wound up being my wonder drug. He is always concerned and always accessible. I would highly recommend him to any patient.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
27 Years Experience
Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University
Graduated in 1991
Dr. Christopher A Smith accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Preferred PPO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsChristopher Allan Smith Md, 88 E Tioga Ave Ste 102, Corning, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Christopher A Smith in this video.
Dr. Christopher A Smith is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Corning, NY.