2.7

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Christopher F Amsden?

Apathetic & Condescending

Have been treated by many health providers over the years but have never before seen this degree of apathy and incompetentence. He represents himself as a "specislist" yet he is NOT board certified in any specialty??

Medical block for C7

Dr. Amsden is extremely good doctor he concentrates on the problem

Only Dr. that my b/p is normal. He is great.

Happy with help for my pain

Better than expected, best explanation of my problem

Poor medicine

Very condescending. Would never see again.

The worst doctor ive ever had

Total Quack

I was referred to this so called Dr. for pain managment by a very vindictive NP who I didn't get along with. Not only did this Dr. not read my history of surgeries, and the near fatal auto accident I was in a few years ago, he pushed bi-polar medicine on me and also got me hooked on methadone which he said would help me with my pain, which it didn't, and lowered my pain meds in half. Because I by law of my disability I am reguired to take regular pain meds, and not do anything stressful, like physical therapy, he got more insistive I do these things no matter what the concequences. The last time I saw him, thank god , I had major surgery two days before , and he asked me if I wanted a perscription for therapy to start ASAP. I was told by my surgeon to nod to anything stressful to damage the surgery for four months, Dr. Amsten wanted a note from my surgeon stating this. My surgeon obliged. The week before Christmas I recieved a certified letter from Dr. Amsten telling me he was dissmissing me as a patient for not following his protical. He left me hanging with no backup meds, therfore I went through horrible and near death withdrawls from the sudden stoppage of the methadone and my pain meds combined. I had to go to the clinic urgent care where this man is employed and tell a very kind and understanding PA what had happened. He helped me, probably saved my life and I will always be grateful to him. I now have a new NP, and will never go back to the Curry Medical again. That was my expierence with Dr. Amsten. What a nice guy. Quack is a kind word to describe him, he has no business having a medical licence to me, it should be written on toilet paper.

worst Dr. ever

I saw this Dr. four times, and because I had major surgery three days before I saw him, and could not do phsical therapy for my pain issues, I got a certified letter telling me he was dropping me as a patient. I have been on pain medicine for 14 years for my chron's disease and I was in a major car accident, his treatment for me to see a therapist and lower my medicine down to almost nothing. Since seeing Dr. Amsten my pain only got worse. He was absolutly no help to me, He knew my pain better than I did. Also pushed meds on my for health problems I didn't even have. Got mad when I refused to take them. This guy is a joke, and gives the medical profession a bad name. Don't even waste your time with him. You will only walk out angry.

I've never had a doctor not like me before. All he does every visit is take away or lower my medicine. He doesn't give me anything instead of it. I'm in pain 24/7 I now spend most my time in bed,what kind of quality of life is that? He will not listen to me at all. He is the only pain doctor for miles and miles to see. When your in pain you just can't travel 5 hours to see a doctor.

Would not recommend!!

Very poor bedside manner. Does not explain things. One hour wait to see him.

Appalling bedside manner, wrote a prescription for something we hadn't even discussed, told me I didn't do everything I was supposed to do even though there was no mention of it on the patient education form and I was not aware of my ability to walk in for the service. Seemed to be angry that I didn't want to take a medication that I was having serious side effects with.

Cares mostly for the money

The doctor has a very specific agenda. Money. This is all about padding the doctor's pockets. Running as many expensive tests as possible. (Most unnecessary or already done) Very poor listener. Not really interested in how the patient feels. Because of the new Oregon guidelines, we now offer a whole new way for doctors to milk the insurance companies and our bank accounts. Do yourself a favor and stay away from this guy.

Dr. Christopher F Amsden is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Brookings, OR.

Dr. Christopher F Amsden Is this you?