Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Christopher B Haas DO
Dr. Christopher B Haas, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Hays, KS, with another office in Cumberland, MD. He has 21 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Cardiology. He speaks English.
Dr. Christopher B Haas has 2 locations
12502 Willowbrook Rd Ste 420
Cumberland, MD 21502
Book Online Now
Dr. Christopher B Haas has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Cardiologists are doctors who specialize in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of conditions related to the heart and blood vessels.
A patient may be referred to a cardiologist if he experiences symptoms like chest pains, shortness of breath, dizziness, or high blood pressure. The physician will then evaluate your symptoms, take your health and family history and your weight. The cardiologist may order additional diagnostic tests, such as an echocardiogram, X-ray or blood tests. If necessary, the cardiologist may also call for a cardiac catheterization - a procedure in which a small tube is inserted into or near the heart that can take pictures of the heart's activity, or relieve blockage.
Once determining whether there is a heart condition, a cardiologist will treat a patient through cholesterol management, cardiac rehabilitation, and fitness. If surgical intervention is required, like open-heart surgery, a cardiologist will make that determination, but a cardiothoracic surgeon will perform the procedure.
Dr. Christopher B Haas has the following 5 expertise
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Block
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
Showing 3 of 3
Self-verified patient of Dr. Christopher B Haas - Posted on August 7th, 2017
Patient and currently active RN
Self-verified patient of Dr. Christopher B Haas - Posted on April 22nd, 2012
Dr Haas did a cardiac cath and placed a stent in "The Widow Maker" Left Anterior Descending Artery. He couldn't find the blockage at first but had a "feeling" there was something missing in the picture and did an Intravascular Sonogram during the cath. Thank God he found it and placed the stent. I think other doctors may have just skipped the sonogram and not placed the stent. I am so grateful to him. His explained everything to my family and me. He is wonderful and would highly recommend.
The best ever!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Christopher B Haas - Posted on January 19th, 2009
21 Years Experience
Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1997
Dr. Christopher B Haas Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Christopher B Haas's office for more information.
2220 Canterbury Dr Hays, KS : (785) 623-5000
12502 Willowbrook Rd Ste 420 Cumberland, MD 21502
Locations & Directions
Dr. Christopher B Haas is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Hays, KS.