Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Christopher A Browne
Dr. Christopher A Browne, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Tulsa, OK. He has 23 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery and Adult Reconstructive Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Browne is affiliated with St Francis Hospital. Dr. Browne has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Christopher A Browne has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Adult Reconstructive Orthopaedic Surgery
- Bone Fracture
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Knee Surgery
- Herniated Disc
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
- Joint Replacement
- Knee Injuries
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Injuries
- Hip Surgery
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Sports Medicine
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 29
The office is easy to get to and very well run. It's like being on a well run ship. Wait times were never long. There were times when i had barely sat down before my name was called. Moving from P.A. to Xray and back to exam room to meet with Doc all happened quickly and efficiently. Xrays were available immediately. Dr. Browne is extremely friendly, knowledgeable and is not interested in performing surgery until and only if it is necessary. He was quite honest about the small likelihood that arthroscopic surgery would do any lasting good, even though it would bring short term relief. I was never pressured to select surgery for my knee that was injured long ago and finally caught up with me. When I tired of the cortisone and another injection ( performed by another skilled doc) the process was seamless and easy to set up the surgery. According to every single skilled person who saw my knee after surgery, I had remarkable results with little to no bruising, normal swelling, a scar that proved to heal very well, ability to bear weight and walk almost immediately, and my ability to bend the knee was above average. Everyone I talked with including physical therapists, nurses, friends remarked what a successful result I had. I was back at the gym the beginning of the fourth week after surgery. they require 3 weeks of rest at home so that was as soon as it was possible. My first day of PT several people remarked that I walked without a noticeable limp...they were amazed. I had to concentrate to do it, but the fact that there was no limp proves what an amazing result I had. Dr Browne was an excellent choice. I feel very lucky!!!
A 45- minute wait for a specialty surgeon is normal. First there's paperwork to complete. Then, X-Rays are taken and developed. Finally, the patient waits in the exam room for the doctor's arrival. There's a reason patients are called patient: we wait. Believe me, Dr. Christopher Browne is well worth the wait.
Hello, Laura. Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Eastern Oklahoma Orthopedic Center and for sharing your kind words. It made our day! Thank you for choosing Eastern Oklahoma Orthopedic Center for your care.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2016, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2016, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Browne is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
23 Years Experience
University Of Kansas School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1995
University Of Kansas School Of Medicine
Dr. Christopher A Browne accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS OK BlueChoice
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Community Care PCC
- CommunityCare PPO Standard Network
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsEastern Oklahoma Orthopedic Center, 6475 S Yale Ave Ste 301, Tulsa, OK
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Christopher A Browne in this video.
Dr. Christopher A Browne is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tulsa, OK.