Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Christopher P Busillo has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- HIV Infections
- Lyme Disease
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Hepatitis C
- Infectious Disease
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 29
Dr. B was my Primary Care Physician until mid-2007. He was patient, understanding, took the time to listen and diagnose and even gave me my blood test results in hard copy, not just a letter (such a rarity these days)! He counseled me when needed and always demonstrated compassion. He is not quick to prescribe drugs because he understands that drugs do not solve every problem. I highly recommend him to anyone and if I ever have the opportunity again, I'd like to return to being his patient.
I went to Dr.Busillo several years ago for a 'mystery' disease that several other doctors thought were psychological. Dr.Busillo spent a great deal of time with me and did recommend another doctor, who would not see me for the same reason as the others. I am now a part of a clinical trial and have at least been diagnosed. I am very greatful for Dr.Busillo and that he helped all he could. He was very sympathetic and spent more time with me than any other others. It is bad enough being ill, but horrible when the entire medical profession seems to reject you. He was the only one who took this horrible situation seriously, and he was right, just that at the time Western medicine did not teach about my condition. I would recommend Dr Busillo to anyone. I trust him and that he puts the interest of the patient first. I cannot recommend him highly enough.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Top Doctors: New York Metro Area (2017)
Castle Connolly Top Doctors: New York Metro Area™ are specialists and primary care physicians who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top physicians in the New York Metro Area who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
Dr. Busillo is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
32 Years Experience
Universita Di Napoli
Graduated in 1986
Cabrini Medical Center
Dr. Christopher P Busillo accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNy Preventive Medicine, 19 Beekman St Fl 6, New York, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Christopher P Busillo in this video.
Dr. Christopher P Busillo is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.