- 40 years of experience
- Speaks English
- Oregon Health & Science University School Of Medicine
- 2 specialties
- 10 expertise
- 1 location
Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Christopher R Carter has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Celiac Disease
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Abdominal Pain
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
Showing 5 of 9
40 Years Experience
Oregon Health & Science University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1978
University Medical Center
Dr. Christopher R Carter accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPresbyterian Hospital, 1100 Central Ave SE, Albuquerque, NM
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Christopher R Carter in this video.
Dr. Christopher R Carter is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Albuquerque, NM.