Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Christopher W Cary has the following 1 specialty
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
Dr. Christopher W Cary has the following 1 expertise
Dr. Christopher W Cary is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Doctor Cary is not only a fantastic doctor he is an outstanding human being! I would highly recommend this doctor to anyone having surgery! Most of all if you have trouble with being extra sensitive with post op discomfort. This doctor truly cares about his patients and will advocate when needed. He is well educated not only in medicine but also with regard to issues that effect people in pain. My only wish in this world is that he would return to pain management. Choose this doctor for your surgery! You won't be sorry! Thank you doctor Cary for taking such great care of me!
33 Years Experience
University Of Massachusetts Medical School
Graduated in 1985
Maine Medical Center
Dr. Christopher W Cary accepts the following insurance providers.
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSpectrum Medical Group, 324 Gannett Dr Ste 200, South Portland, ME
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Christopher W Cary in this video.
Dr. Christopher W Cary is similar to the following 3 Doctors near South Portland, ME.