Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Christopher M Cesa
Dr. Christopher M Cesa, MD is a Doctor primarily located in East Setauket, NY. He has 19 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Cesa is affiliated with John T Mather Memorial Hospital. Dr. Cesa has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Christopher M Cesa has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Christopher M Cesa has the following 13 expertise
- Heart Attack
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Diseases
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Heart Failure
- Unstable Angina
- Blood Clot
- Heart Block
Dr. Christopher M Cesa has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Christopher M Cesa is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 20
Went to Mather Hospital with pains in my chest could not breathe. Dr Cesa very nice Dr. ran some test and stated come back in 6 months for a follow up. Still could not breathe & pain in my chest. Went to St Francis a few days later they ran further tests and then admitted me for a major operation mitral valve repair. I could have died if I did not get a second opinion! Trust your gut not the doctors!
Very easy to make an appt. Office staff pleasant. Wait time 10 minutes. I was nervous but the doctor was great. My BP was high at first but after speaking to me about 10 minutes he put on the BP sleeve again and I was back at normal levels. Dr. Cesa answer questions, solicits information in a friendly manner and encourages questions. My kind of doctor for the guy that hates going near a Doctor's office.
Patients' Choice Award (2013, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Cesa is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
19 Years Experience
State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1999
Dr. Christopher M Cesa accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsNorth Suffolk Cardiology, 45 Research Way Ste 108, East Setauket, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Christopher M Cesa in this video.
Dr. Christopher M Cesa is similar to the following 3 Doctors near East Setauket, NY.