Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Christopher E Devereaux has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Christopher E Devereaux has the following 10 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Celiac Disease
- Ulcerative Colitis
Dr. Christopher E Devereaux is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 24
It is extremely hard to trust a doctor with horrible bedside manner. Dr Devereux please slow down and get to know your patients prior to jumping to conclusions about their diagnosis. If you don't, it may cost you in the long run. You may be knowledgeable about your field of expertise however, that is all that we did when your bedside manner is so horrific. How can one trust you as a surgeon when you treat them with little or no respect.
I love this doctor! He takes time to explain everything and is never dismissive. His staff, on the other hand, is dismissive, they talk over you when you have something to say and they only return calls when you leave a message that says your calls were not returned. I had a nurse or MA give me directions for a colonoscopy, then returned to say she gave me the wrong one. As I was checking out, I had yet another staff member ask me who gave me the directions and said they were the wrong one. They called me by a name that was not mine three times, and in fact the name was not even of my gender. Dr. Devereaux is a great doctor but his staff when called is not very friendly. There is an older woman who returns calls after I say my call was not returned (more than once) and talks over me. It is a little frustrating. Unfortunately, I have always gone through an automated telephone system and have to wait for a return call. They have a 72-hour cancellation policy for colonoscopies and the fact that they do not return calls in a timely manner when one leaves a message that an appt needs to be rescheduled is somewhat frustrating. Dr. Devereaux gets a 10 in my book; his staff gets a 1-2.
Dr. Devereaux is my life saver. After 15 years of misdiagnosis he has finally figured out what is wrong with me. The only downside I have to him is his staff which can tend to be condescending and rude when you call. He is a fast talker but is 100% the BEST GI doctor I have seen, and I have seen quite a few. He also has given me and my husband several referrals to other specialists whom have helped out in the entire healing process. When either of us come in for an appointment he asks about the one not there. He also follows up with our primary care doctors and other specialists to make sure he has the whole picture of what is going on before moving forward.
Devereaux is an excellent doctor,I certainly believe in him. He has helped me more than my primary doctor. I was in great pain from diverticulitus.I was getting any better at all until I called him and asked what I needed to do. He was right on the button.Wow my primary told me the opposite things I need to do.I felt immediatly relief.He is very bright,he is accurate in diagnosing.He had to correct my primary doctor a couple of times,which was very important on my health.He has my vote in Excellent all across the board.
27 Years Experience
University Of Chicago Division Of The Biological Sciences The Pritzker School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1991
United States Naval Medical Center
Dr. Christopher E Devereaux accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Humana Choice POS
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
Sharp Health Plan
- Sharp Health Blue Choice
- Sharp Health Gold Value
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsNorth County Gastroenterology Medical Group, 3923 Waring Rd Ste A, Oceanside, CA
Dr. Christopher E Devereaux is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Oceanside, CA.