Get the facts about Parkinson’s disease, including symptoms and how the disease progresses over time.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Parkinson’s Disease Get the facts about Parkinson’s disease, including symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Christopher Duma
Dr. Christopher Duma, MD, FACS is a Doctor primarily located in Newport Beach, CA. He has 31 years of experience. His specialties include Neurological Surgery. Dr. Duma is affiliated with University of California, Irvine Medical Center, Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla and Orange Coast Memorial Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Christopher Duma has the following 1 specialty
- Neurological Surgery
A neurological surgeon is a physician who surgically treats disorders of the nervous system, which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves.
In addition to treating trauma of the head and spine, these doctors also treat disorders like epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
Neurological surgeons can perform surgical procedures on the brain, such as stereotactic surgery, microsurgery, endoscopic surgery, stereotactic radiosurgery, and endovascular image guided methods.
- Brain Surgery
- Brain Tumor
- Dementia Related Behavioral Disorders
- Essential Tremor
- Facial Nerve Pain (Trigeminal Neuralgia)
- Gamma Knife Surgery (Stereotactic Radiosurgery)
- Movement Disorders
- Neurosurgical Procedures
- Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus
- Parkinson Disease
- Stereotaxic Techniques
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 107
My husband had a stroke in the year 2015. This caused the brain to bleed. My husband was in a coma, then Dr Duma scheduled a surgery for my husband to implant a shunt. Thanks to Dr Duma, my husband is alive and recovering from the stroke. Dr Duma is the best of the best, skillful ,and very caring towards the patients. He is awesome and he is one of a kind and l believe God sent him to save lives. Thank you very much Dr Duma.
I have been seeing Dr Duma for 3 years now of follow ups after having a grade 2 Meingoma removed in 2014. Last year during a routine check up we found 2 “baby tumors” and Dr. D said we would watch them and possibly shrink them with his famous Gamma Knife procedure if necessary. This year they did get bigger & my case was brought in front a panel of speciality doctors & they decided it was in my best interest to have them removed them. If you want a straight forward opinion Dr Duma is the man. He is an awesome guy and may not remember each & every case but he gets the business done and definitely has his patients very best interest at heart. The hospital staff at Hoag speak highly of him, so you know your in great hands.
Chris Duma extorted over 60,000 dollars from my family after refusing to take my brothers insurance(covered California). In addition he promised that he would treat my brother as if he was his own son. Shortly after cash was received by Duma he performed a biopsy on my brothers brain tumor occurring on his pons and thalamus. Immidiately, after the procedure Duma comes out and congratulates everyone because according to him the tumor was grade 2 and there would be several treatment options. The following day my brother began having extreme symptoms of a stroke. We brought my brother in for his post op very nervous because my brother was unable to see or walk. Duma did not show up for this scheduled post-op appointment. Instead his two idiots for PA’s came in and essentially told us Duma was busy and my brother was fine and there was nothing to worry about. I knew better so we took him to UCLA the following day. We learned immediately that my brother was having a hemorrhage and could possibly die immediately. A few days after being checked into UCLA my brother received a call from Duma directly and Duma’s exact words were pop the champagne and celebrate its stage 2. Two days later we received a call from Duma’s PA saying we are so sorry Duma was not correct, in fact, the tumor is stage 3. Meanwhile, while in ICU at UCLA the doctors had already explained to my brother that the tumor was indeed extremely aggressive stage 4 cancer, diffuse astrocytoma. Long story short this man should not be practicing medicine at all. He is a greedy extortionist that treats his patients like numbers. I would never allow another family member to go into his office. RIP to my brother.
If there is a more wonderful or skilled Doctor I have never heard of him/her. Dr. Duma litterly saved my life. I was at the end of my rope when I went to see him. Within minutes he knew what was wrony with me and educated me on the problem and offered a path for treatment. He is Terrific. I did and would trust him with my family and my life.
Dr. Duma is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
University of California, Irvine Medical Center
Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla
Orange Coast Memorial Medical Center
31 Years Experience
The School Of Medicine At Stony Brook University Medical Center
Graduated in 1986
Dr. Christopher Duma accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsBRAIN AND SPINE SURGEONS ORANGE COUNTY, 3900 W Coast Hwy, Newport Beach, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Christopher Duma in this video.
Dr. Christopher Duma is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Newport Beach, CA.