Dr. Christopher L Dupuis Is this you?

3.3

Have you seen Dr. Christopher L Dupuis?

Had a partial knee replacement 1-1/2 years ago...... I was his first appt. for surgery and he was 2-1/2 hours late. The nurses kept calling him and he kept saying that he was on his way to the hospital. I wish I would have just left....... his communication skills are very poor to say the least. He always looks like he just got out of bed and is not clean looking or shaven. But, I gave him the benefit of the doubt. The partial knee replacement went ok ......... I went back to him again in January of this year due to being attacked by a pit bull and the other knee was injured. He kept telling me that nothing was wrong with it and had me get a MRI. After 3 knee injections I told him the knee was not getting better and he again suggested the MRI. I asked him how many MRI's I needed before I could get a diagnosis and he said "you had an MRI?" I told him that I had one in January (by his orders) and he looked puzzled and said that he had not even looked at the MRI results ..... he left the room and came back and THEN said he did not think there was anything wrong with the knee. I asked him why he gave me three injections in the knee if he didn't even look at the MRI, but I received no reply. I had the MRI results sent to my regular physician and she told me that I had a meniscus tear, bakers cyst and many other things wrong with the knee and suggested Dr. Theron Jameson in Burlington, IA take a look ....... after visiting with Dr. Jameson he told me exactly what was wrong with the knee and why I am in pain. I will have surgery in a couple of weeks to fix the problem. I have lived with the knee problem for over 9 months because Dr. DuPuis did not even bother to originally look at the MRI and did not read the report which clearly states what is wrong........ I truly believe that he is incompetent and don't understand how he even got a medical license........ FIND ANOTHER DOCTOR. DO NOT go to him........ I am only giving him one star for promptness because there is no option for no star......

He's a butcher. He ignored my health problems. I'm am totally disabled after his so called knee replacement. His bed side manners are worthless. He's rude. He has an ego trip that sucks up all the air in the room. He ruined my life.

Run, don't go near him. Look in other states, he's a very bad doctor. Many malpractice suits.

Mixed Feelings

Dr Dupuis did two total knee replacement., The results were wonderful for the first knee. The second one was questionable. He did not use a drain tube this time, and the suture area bled a lot, requiring 2 blood transfusions. The incision was not as precise as the first one; the suture line was very imprecise and healed to a wider scar. The entire procedure the second time looked as if it were performed by a different surgeon, possibly an intern. I was not very happy with the surgery experience, and the knee is not as functional now (after full recovery) as I had expected.

broken bones

My son had to visit Dr Dupuis for a number of broken bones. He was very kind and understanding. He always made time to take us into his office to show the x-rays on his computer and to explain what was going on.

Dr. Christopher L Dupuis is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Keokuk, IA.