Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Christopher E Bowman has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Showing 3 of 5
He seems caring, and I was disappointed after a while that he has become a bit cynical over the years of seeing him. I suffered through quite a LOT of symptoms and I had to do research on my own to figure out what to do, where to go, how to treat, what to test for. He always did a pretty big bare minimum and did not take into account things that might effect other things, especially in test results. He looked at the Low or High on the test results and that was it. He does not follow up, he does not read past patient history before seeing you. His office staff has gotten brusque over the years to the point I did not like a single one besides one of the phlebotomists; she was quite sweet. Going to see him while fatigue, dizzy, tired, etc. is a bad idea, as you will have to be on your toes, advocate for yourself, and possibly do research beforehand to get acceptable treatment. That was my problem for quite a while; I thought that I needed to walk it off since my doctor wasn't taking anything seriously, despite doing so making me worse and worse.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Bowman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
22 Years Experience
West Virginia University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1996
Charleston Area Medical Center
Dr. Christopher E Bowman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
Locations & DirectionsDunbar Medical Associates, 1100 Grosscup Ave, Dunbar, WV
Dr. Christopher E Bowman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dunbar, WV.