- Ulcerative Colitis Get the facts about ulcerative colitis, including what causes it, signs and symptoms, and complications that can arise from the condition.
- Psoriatic Arthritis Get the facts about psoriatic arthritis, including who gets it, the symptoms, and the different types.
- Adult Asthma Get the facts about adult asthma, including who gets it, what triggers it, and how allergies can affect it.
- Fibromyalgia Get the facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions that may be related to it.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Christopher A Friedrich Sr MD
Dr. Christopher A Friedrich Sr, MD is a doctor primarily located in Flowood, MS, with another office in Flowood, MS. Their specialties include Medical Genetics and Internal Medicine. They speak English.
Dr. Christopher A Friedrich Sr has 2 locations
Dr. Christopher A Friedrich Sr has the following 2 SPECIALTIES
Dr. Christopher A Friedrich Sr has the following 11 expertise
- Genetic Predisposition to Disease
- Medical Genetics
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Graduated in 1988
Dr. Christopher A Friedrich Sr Accepts the Following Insurance
More about Dr. Christopher A Friedrich Sr
Dr. Friedrich has an M.D. from Rutgers and a Ph.D. in Biochemical Genetics from the University of Texas. He completed an Internal Medicine residency at the University of Minneapolis before completing a fellowship in Medical Genetics with Victor McKusick at Johns Hopkins. His previous faculty appointments were in the medical schools at Johns Hopkins and the University of Pennsylvania. For the past decade Dr. Christopher Friedrich has been developing programs in Jackson, MS. As a fully qualified, board-certified geneticist, he works with adult and pediatric patients with one goal in mind: using their bodys most basic building blocks to provide information which may help them and may help save the lives of their family. If family members know they are at risk for cancer, they know to get earlier and regular screenings. To Dr. Friedrich, earlier screenings lead to earlier detection and more lives saved. I want to raise public awareness about colorectal, breast and ovarian cancers, he said. As well as teaching and working with patients, he also has helped write questions for national board exams in his field. He also has been involved with translational research and has published several papers.