Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Christopher A Gisler has the following 2 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Christopher A Gisler has the following 12 expertise
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Acute Renal Failure (Acute Kidney Failure)
- Kidney Biopsy
- Kidney Stones (Kidney Calculi)
- Kidney Dialysis (Renal Dialysis)
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Diabetic Kidney Disease (Diabetic Nephropathies)
- Chronic Renal Disease
Dr. Christopher A Gisler has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 5
Dr. Gisler responded promptly and informed me throughly about my complications and what measured I needed to take in order to mitigate my condition. No other doctor I saw took the time to educate me. I was never rushed through the process and felt completely taken care of! A very happy patient here.
12 Years Experience
University Of Virginia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2006
Dr. Christopher A Gisler accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
UPMC Health Plan
- UPMC PPO
- UPMC Premium Network Plans
- UHC Navigate POS
Locations & DirectionsPittsburgh Kidney Care, 1401 Forbes Ave Ste 350, Pittsburgh, PA
Dr. Christopher A Gisler is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pittsburgh, PA.