Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Christopher Holroyde
Dr. Christopher Holroyde, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Phoenixville, PA. He has 48 years of experience. His specialties include Hematology and Oncology, Internal Medicine and Medical Oncology. Dr. Holroyde is affiliated with Pottstown Memorial Medical Center, Hospital of the University of PA and Graduate Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Christopher Holroyde has the following 3 specialties
- Hematology and Oncology
An Oncologist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of different cancers. This physician has extensive knowledge of the different signs and symptoms of cancer, as well as the various methods of treatment.
Oncologists diagnose cancer through methods such as biopsy, endoscopy, X-ray, blood tests, ultrasound, and different forms of nuclear medicine. They treat cancer through surgery, chemotherapy, radiotherapy, hormone therapy, or antibody treatments.
If it is determined that a cancer cannot successfully be treated, oncologists then focus on providing palliative care, the use of pain medication to make a dying person more comfortable.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
- Adult T-Cell Leukemia-Lymphoma
- Breast Cancer
- Chest Pain (Angina)
- Cholesterol Management
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Electrocardiography (EKG)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Lipid Disorders
- Lung Cancer
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Myocardial Infarction
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
Dr. Holroyde is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Pottstown Memorial Medical Center
Hospital of the University of PA
Pennsylvania Hospital University PA Health System
Phoenixville Hospital University PA Health System
University of PA Medical Center/Presbyterian
Clinical Care Associates of the University of Pennsylvania Health System
48 Years Experience
Middlesex Hospital Medical School, London
Graduated in 1965
University Of Pennsylvania Health System
Dr. Christopher Holroyde accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & Directions824 Main St, Phoenixville, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Christopher Holroyde in this video.
Dr. Christopher Holroyde is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Phoenixville, PA.