Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Christopher G Houdek has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Christopher G Houdek has the following 14 expertise
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Bone Fracture
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Joint Replacement
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Sports Medicine
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery
- Herniated Disc
Dr. Christopher G Houdek has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 3 of 14
Three years ago I was dropped by Benjamin because I am a Medicare patient. He was to do my total knee replacement. I was assigned to the new guy in the group, Dr. Houdek. I was concerned but trusted that the group had hired a competent surgeon to take on Benjamin's patients. These docs have a great reputation. First problem that arose immediately after surgery was my drug protocol. Hospital staff was instructed to give me pain meds at certain times, not when I needed it. That changed after a hellacious night after the nerve block wore off. Three years later, my knee is still a problem. Houdek took no responsibility and implied that I needed to lose weight. Another doc in the group is handling me now after a hip replacement. I am just finding out that the surgery was indeed flawed. Houdek never showed me an x-ray of my off kilter patella. It is also assumed that my ligaments are too loose because the space between bones is too narrow. Considering what one has to endure for this surgery, I am very unhappy about the result. At some point it looks like this will have to be revised. I am comparing this result with a uni I had 16 years ago, as well as two hip replacements, and thumb joint ligament replacement. I also know a few people who have no problems after three years.
It amazes me the level of arrogance a few physicians reach. Because this osteopath has good surgical skills, you can almost forgive his abruptness. Perhaps as he matures, he will realize that "First, do no harm" extends to compassion as well. I have had many specialists, and none of them had the Roman letters G-O-D.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
11 Years Experience
Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine
Graduated in 2007
Dr. Christopher G Houdek accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 2
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsEmergeortho, 2165 Medical Park Dr, Hickory, NC
Dr. Christopher G Houdek is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hickory, NC.