3.6

Have you seen Dr. Christopher A Hulen?

Run

This guy performed what was supposed to be a routine laminectomy about a year ago. Immediately afterwards I knew something was wrong, but Hulan, and his constituent Easton, just kept telling me the nerve needed to calm down. Months of opioids, steriods, muscle relax, injections, tests, etc. and the Beaumont bozos could not figure it out. I laid in agony for months unable to do anything and my perception was Hulan could care less - multiple telephone calls unretured. I later saw a neurosurgeon in Ann Arbor who diagnosed the problem in 15 minutes! 15 MINUTES! The diagnosis - "total failure". I was immediately wheeled over to St. Joes for corrective back surgery. This man almost destroyed my life. For any back or neck surgery, do yourself a favor - go to a neurosurgeon.

worse after care patient

The doctor dose not believe on given patient pain medication or fill out the proper papers for your job, you are on your own if you can recover 100 % He dose not take care of you or your problems he performs the surgery and then you have to deal with the recovery and pressure to get long term disability . I work for the Hospital and I am very upset never heard of any of the other doctor that work for the same practice to treat the patients so poorly

2 Very Happy Patients

Let me start by saying that within a 8 week span Dr. Hulen performed cervical spine surgery on both my wife and I. She had C4 through C6 done and I had C4 through C7 done. We are both very satisfied with the results and are both completely pain free. We read in a few of the reviews that Dr. Hulen can come across as overly confident and I can see how someone might think that, but to us that was a positive rather than a negative. When it came to our spines we wanted someone who was supremely confident in their skillset. He is very professional and very matter of fact. Again, we appreciated that he says it like it is. We would without a doubt recommend anyone having back issues go and meet with Dr. Hulen. He truly gave us our lives back.

Dangerous -run from this Doctor!

Dr Hulen failed to recognize the symptoms of an infection in his patinet post op. . This required care at UM Hospital to correct.. Patient still suffers complications because of Dr Hulen's lack of knowledge in basic wound care. His medical care has seriously degraded this patient's quality of life.

gets the job done

great surgeon found my back problem after 3 other doctor said there was nothing wrong

Doesn't talk much, but excellent surgeon.

Professional, compassionate doctor. Had spine surgery in 2010 and Dr. Hulen changed my life.

Pain Relief

Dr Huelen performed a four vertebrae laminectomy and I feel great, now.

C3-6 Fusion, C-7 Fusion

Dr. Chris Hulen did the surgery on my neck (C-3 thru C-6, and then C-7). The condition had been problematic since military service 35 years earlier. VA provided medication over that period, no corrective surgery. Dr. Hulen extensively analyzed all presented data from 3 medical sources and reviewed my questionnaire. Then we had a sitdown with extensive questions to me, diagnosis and our extensive questions in return. He knew my neck concerns and condition and answered all of our questions with detail and patience. He's very professional and confident. Discussed all conditions and risks. Surgery was completed in a timely fashion. Several months later I had to have C-7 fused due to further complications which were a result of additional deterioration . I was very impressed with Dr. Hulen's professionalism and skills. I will not hesitate to use his professional surgical skills on my lower back condition in the future. Thank you Dr. Hulen. /s/ A beat up former military helicopter pilot.

Dr. Hulen operated on my back and the results have been excellent. I couldn't be happier and more grateful to him for the care he showed and for the excellent job he did on my back.

Three Years Ago

Three years ago my wife had major back surgery performed by Dr. Hulen. He gave my wife her life back and we will never be able to thank him enough. Following the Doctor's instructions to the letter, she plays tennis, belongs to a fitness center, does zumba and the hoola hoop, what more could you ask for. Thanks again Doctor!

Wonderful Work

My father loves to work out. We thought he strained his back and neck due to working out so much. It turned out that he had problems with his spine. To mention the spine, had made me afraid that my father would never walk again because, it such a delicate and important part of the human body. My father avoids doctors at all cost but Dr. Hulen and his staff showed such professionalism and concern for my father. This time consuming delicate procedure was done and the next day my father was walking and feeling a whole lot better. I would like thank Dr. Hulen for disposing the fear we all have about the spine.

Dr. Christopher A Hulen is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Rochester, MI.