Dr. Christopher J Brown Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Christopher J Brown?

GREAT RESULTS

So glad I met with Dr. Brown and took his expert advice on alternatives to surgery. I had a great experience and would highly recommend him.

Great Experience

I had a great experience with both Dr. Brown and his office staff!

He was great with my child!

2 hour wait for this doctor. He spent less than 2 minutes with me. He misdiagnosed my problem

Doctor's Response

I do apologize for the delay in seeing you. My typical schedule allows me to spend quality time with my patients, but I can run behind if I am treating a patient with an especially difficult issue.

at age 48, I went to see dr brown because of terrible leg pain, that prevented me from sleeping, getting in and out of my car, etc.- from thinking, evenI walked like i was 148, as opposed to 48the pain came on suddenly, after returning from an overseas tripdr brown met with me, took x-rays, etc.his conclusion- i had terrible arthritis- the main, underlying condition was congenital (my hip joints and sockets were ill-fitting, like the parts were mixed up at an assembly plant), but it had reached a critical point, thru normal wear and tear, etc.- he was amazed no one had caught it to date(the only hint: my mom wondered why it took me so long to walk, as an infant. "This is why," dr brown said. "They routinely test for such conditions, these days, but not back then. At least not as routinely.")- he was amazed i could even get around, as well as i could- he said that while the x-rays warranted immediate full, bilateral hip replacement, if i could wait, if it wasn't too painful, given how improvements, etc. are coming down the pike almost every day, it might make sense for me to wait, until it was "clear" and "unavoidable" that i "needed" to go under the knife- he said "you'll know when it's time to pull the trigger"- dr brown not only welcomed, but also encouraged me to get a second opinionin addition to doing tons of research (the internet), I got 4 "second opinions"** having had a terrible experience with eye surgery, i intended to leave no stone unturnedfirst, i saw my mom's orthopedic surgeon, in DC(she, at age 80, had one hip replaced by a doc in DC)I suppose that every doc has their own particular way of looking at the same set of facts- same as lawyers (like me)each of the first 3 "second opinion" docs i checked with said slightly different things...my fourth and final "second opinion" was from the head of orthopedics at johns hopkins hospital, frank frassica (also a prof at the med school), in baltimore- dr frassica looked over my x-rays, reviewed dr brown's report, and saw me, concluding: "I agree 100% with dr brown, and wouldn't change one iota of his diagnosis, prognosis, or recommended course of treatment"i went on to get both hips replaced, one week separating the surgeries (recommended for me. as i understand it, a "true 'bilateral hip replacement'" involves both being done, right after the other)my recovery was fastrehab went like clockworksince the surgery, i've been moving better (range, mobility, etc.) than i ever have--even as a kid- pilates, spin, stuff i could never do, pre-surgery(ies)i HIGHLY recommend dr brownhis expertise has changed my lifei'm deeply indebted to him

great orthopaedic surgeon

Dr. Brown has treated several members of our family over a number of years; from broken bones, a hip replacement, to multiple knee surgeries. For the knee condition, we sought a second opinion by a renowned knee specialist in Colorado - who concluded that Dr. Brown's treatment over the years had been right on target. He also helped us manage a difficult nerve condition in a young athlete (who was seen by many doctors proposing radical surgeries for treatment). Dr. Brown advised a program of therapy which corrected the problem without the trauma of surgery. We have highly recommended him to friends and neighbors, with everyone being satisfied with their experience.

knee redone.

I had my first surgery by the world reknown knee specialist in Northern Virginia and after a failed surgery, that surgeon would not see me at all.I came to Dr. Brown not because of personality but his no non-sense approach to fixing my knee.He redid my failed knee and within 2-3 weeks afterwards, I was painfree.I do have to agree with the previous patient that he is a man of very few words, however.

Dr. Brown sutured through a nerve during my surgery resulting in paralysis, 2 more surgeries to correct his mistakes (elsewhere thank goodness) and a permanent disability.