Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Christopher J Janssen
Dr. Christopher J Janssen, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Sioux Falls, SD. He has 14 years of experience. His specialties include Pain Medicine and Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation. Dr. Janssen is affiliated with Sanford USD Medical Center. Dr. Janssen has received 4 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Christopher J Janssen has the following 2 specialties
- Pain Medicine
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Chronic Pain
- Acute Pain
- Cancer Pain
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 31
Spent little time with me, and had little insight or input to offer me about my condition. When I asked what he thought the problem was with my back (two years of pain, I'm healthy, unknown reason for back problem onset), he said (in an irritated tone) that he sees X number of people per week who also have chronic, undiagnosed pain. No theory of what had happened, not even a "this is strange and should not be happening" explanation. His answer seemed to indicate "just live with it, you're not the only person to have this". Maybe he didn't mean it that way, but that's how it came across to me.
Dr. Janssen was very helpful and went out of his way to call me at home to check on how I was doing. I called to ask some questions and he called me personnally to answer my questions.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2011, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016, 2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Janssen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
14 Years Experience
Tulane University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2004
Dr. Christopher J Janssen accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry IA PPO
HealthPartners - MN
- HealthPartners MN CareChoices
- HealthPartners MN CentraChoice
- HealthPartners MN Distinctions II
- HealthPartners Open Access
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Preferred One PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Medica Choice
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSanford Clinic Spine Center, 1210 W 18th St Ste 103, Sioux Falls, SD
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Christopher J Janssen in this video.
Dr. Christopher J Janssen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sioux Falls, SD.