Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Christopher K Kim
Dr. Christopher K Kim, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Richmond, VA. He has 31 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery and Pediatric Surgery. Dr. Kim is affiliated with CJW Medical Center - Johnston Willis Hospital Campus. He speaks English.
Dr. Christopher K Kim has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Pediatric Surgery
A pediatric surgeon is a qualified surgeon who has additional training in performing surgery on young patients, including fetuses (neonatal or fetal surgery), infants, children, adolescents and teenagers.
Because pediatric patients are still growing and developing, they are often more difficult to operate on than adults. These patients have smaller bodies and smaller organs requiring even more of a precise and measured approach by a surgeon.
Some of the conditions that may require the care of a pediatric surgeon are congenital malformations, such as cleft lip and palate, abdominal wall defects, like hernias, deformities of the chest wall, childhood tumors, like neuroblastomas and separation of conjoined twins.
Dr. Christopher K Kim has the following 3 expertise
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
Dr. Christopher K Kim has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 24
His diagnosis was correct. His course of treatment, however, contributed in my opinion to the eventual collapse of my child's hip. Action needed to be taken as the disease was rapidly deteriorating the joint. He took a "wait and see/non-weight-bearing/PT approach." She suffered with debilitating pain for over 8 months, was bed-ridden, and eventually had a total hip replacement at the age of 13. Surgery was performed at HSS, not in Richmond by Dr. Kim.
I went to this doctor 4 a second opinion and he was very rude and uninformative. He was very unprofessional in his opinion and would not speak on what the previous surgeon had told me. It was obvious to me that they were co-workers(friends). He walked out the room without telln me what i had went there lookn for. He did not greet me when he came into the room and only turned his back when he left. I would not recommend him to my pet.
Dr. Kim is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
31 Years Experience
University Of Virginia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
Ucsd Medical Center
Dr. Christopher K Kim accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 1
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Optima Health OptimaFit Direct HMO
- Optima Vantage HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsOrthovirginia, 1115 Boulders Pkwy Ste 100, Richmond, VA
Dr. Christopher K Kim is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Richmond, VA.