Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Christopher C Kain has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Christopher C Kain has the following 5 expertise
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Spinal Fractures
- Spinal Stenosis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
Showing 5 of 63
I have enough pain in my entire spine, especially from the lumbar area, hips, legs, buttocks, and down my legs that some days it literally takes me to my KNEES! Without Narcotic pain meds I live Day in day out, 24/7 with a pain level of 8 or more! With pain meds, depending on dose, my pain level ranges from a 4 to a 6. To hit the 4 level, I have to take so much medicine that I have to be on oxygen all day every day! That's too much! My back feels pretty good at that dose, but being on the O2 is just too much of a hassle! On a reduced dose about 30% of the higher level, I don't need oxygen except with my c-pap at night and my pain level is about average of a 6. I can live with a 6 long term, but at an 8, I can't do it! Long term exposure to a pain level of 8 or more would end up being fatal to me because I just can't handle it! I can do a 6, at one time I thought a 6 was pretty bad. But spend a few weeks at an 8 and you will learn that pain is all RELATIVE, much like a really hot day in summertime! You feel like it's hot in the house, you want to turn the a/c down but you end up going outside to run some errands, you climb in a steaming hot car, drive ten min before the a/c even thinks about cool air, walk on a frying pan parking lot putting off heat like the oven in the kitchen, then. Y the time you get home,where you thought it was hot in there, when you walk inside it feels like a walkin cooler, it's feels so cold! PAINS LIKE THAT! Spend a couple of weeks at a 7 and 8 then you go back on pain meds and your level goes to a 6, man you feel much better! Especially when being st a 4 or 5 dopes you up so bad you can't breath correctly! Dr Kain needs to be in a car wreck or fall off his roof and severely injure his spine, let him go through that shot eith minimal then no pain meds, let's see what tune he's singing during a 8 month recovery from a 50 or 60% spinal fusion from mid thoracic down to the bottom with plenty of monster screws and brackets just for effect! I firmly this experience would make Dr Kain a better, doctor, a more compassionate human being, and a nicer guy! Lord knows he needs those things!
Went with my husband for the first time he has been seeing Dr Kain for awhile. Omg I have never in my life seen a more more rude doctor! Wanted to know WHY my husband,wasn't working DUH!!! HE'S BEEN UNDER YOUR CARE AND YOU ARE THE ONE THAT SAYS NO WORK!! DIdnt,want to listen to anything we,wanted to say kept interrupting. Tests,and more tests physical therapy and actually therapist told my husband therapy wasnt going to do him any good.She even pointed out on xrays the problem told him more Dr has. Now today Dr says can't find anything wrong. THERE IS DEFINITELY SOMETHING WRONG ! I feel so bad watching my husband hurt all the time and it's GETTING WORSE SO YES SOMETHING IS WRONG!
I had some concern going to Dr Kain because he was new and doing a minimally invasive procedure not done by other doctors in the area. The surgery helped with my pain and was done as outpaitent so recovery time was quick. I believe he knows spine surgery very well and will do everything he can to give you the best care and maximum results.
41 Years Experience
George Washington University School Of Medicine And Health Sciences
Graduated in 1977
Dr. Christopher C Kain accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry KS PPO
- Coventry OA EPO Exchange - KS/MO
- First Health PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsHutchinson Clinic, 2101 N Waldron St, Hutchinson, KS
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Christopher C Kain in this video.
Dr. Christopher C Kain is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hutchinson, KS.