Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- High Cholesterol Facts about high cholesterol, including risk factors for getting it.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Christopher L Allen MD
Dr. Christopher L Allen, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Saint Louis, MO, with another office in Saint Louis, MO. He has 13 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiology and Nuclear Cardiology. He speaks English.
Dr. Christopher L Allen has 2 locations
10012 Kennerly Rd Ste 300
Saint Louis, MO 63128
10010 Kennerly Rd St
Saint Louis, MO 63128
Dr. Christopher L Allen has the following 2 specialties
Cardiologists are doctors who specialize in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of conditions related to the heart and blood vessels.
A patient may be referred to a cardiologist if he experiences symptoms like chest pains, shortness of breath, dizziness, or high blood pressure. The physician will then evaluate your symptoms, take your health and family history and your weight. The cardiologist may order additional diagnostic tests, such as an echocardiogram, X-ray or blood tests. If necessary, the cardiologist may also call for a cardiac catheterization - a procedure in which a small tube is inserted into or near the heart that can take pictures of the heart's activity, or relieve blockage.
Once determining whether there is a heart condition, a cardiologist will treat a patient through cholesterol management, cardiac rehabilitation, and fitness. If surgical intervention is required, like open-heart surgery, a cardiologist will make that determination, but a cardiothoracic surgeon will perform the procedure.
- Nuclear Cardiology
Rooted in general cardiology, nuclear cardiologists specialize in a specific, non-invasive imaging technique that's used to diagnose heart disease, evaluate how well your heart is pumping blood, or determine the size and place of a past heart attack.
They’re able to take pictures and video of your heart during stress tests, and in resting states, that allow them to diagnose patients as well as recommended treatments, medication and additional testing that might be needed. They often work closely with radiologists to assess the damage of a past heart attack or the patient's risk for future heart attacks.
Dr. Christopher L Allen has the following 5 expertise
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Heart Block
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Unstable Angina
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
Showing 2 of 2
Finally, I doctor who listens!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Christopher L Allen - Posted on April 19th, 2018
I am so thankful for Dr. Christopher Allen. Kept having breathing problems to the point I was actually diagnosed with Asthma. Used inhalers prescribed by pulmonary doctor which only caused the heart condition to become worse. Once Dr. Allen saw me and did a full exam he quickly identified my heart condition. I am so thankful to know it just wasn't in my head. It was my heart. Have Hypertrophic Obstructive Cardiomyopathy - very serious condition. Thank you Dr. Allen. You are the best.
This is what a doctor should be like
Self-verified patient of Dr. Christopher L Allen - Posted on September 18th, 2013
This doctor is young and maybe not as worn out like the rest of Macon's doctors. He listens, and talks to you. WOW imagine that. Tells you what he is going to do and does it, and then follows up by talking to you and telling you the results. Staff and office are great. You should bring a jacket if you are having on site test done, it is very cold in the waiting area.
13 Years Experience
Mercer University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2005
Dr. Christopher L Allen Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
- Anthem MO Blue Preferred Options
- Anthem MO Direct Access w/HSA
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
Locations & Directions
Dr. Christopher L Allen is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Saint Louis, MO.