Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Christopher Johnston has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Showing 2 of 2
My experience with Dr Johnston is limited but positive. My wife and I recently relocated to Maine and we chose Dr Johnston from a list provided by my insurance because he was the closest available. I'm a 57 year old male and I've developed several minor but chronic ailments in recent years. Dr Johnston has been nothing but professional, knowledgeable and his demeanor is one of genuine concern. He puts things across in a straightforward, matter of fact way, which I wish my previous physician had done. I respect his advise and recommendations and I feel comfortable in his care. The staff also, have been great. PS: I hope the previous reviewer gets the help he needs.
4 Years Experience
University Of New England College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 2009
Dr. Christopher Johnston accepts the following insurance providers.
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions242 Brunswick St, Old Town, ME
Dr. Christopher Johnston is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Old Town, ME.