Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Chris Lartigue has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Chris Lartigue has the following 14 expertise
- Sleep Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Personality Disorders
- Anxiety Disorders
Showing 5 of 15
When I first saw Dr Lartigue I had been looking for a doctor for months after my psychiatrist I saw for 5 years up and retired with no notice. I had a disorder that if not controlled will ruin my life. The first thing he did was reassure me that would never happen with him which was a great relief. He was actually the first doctor to actually fully get my disorder under control and my life has greatly improved in every way. He has always been there if I needed anything, literally a call away. Everyone has different personalities, while he may not treat you as a best friend he will treat you for your medical disorder which is truly all that matters. I’m personally very grateful for my doctor and how I have been able to treat my disorder and get back to my best life.
Dr.Latrigue is a very educated in his field. If your looking for a no nonsense Dr. and are willing to be a patient and trust that he will provide the best possible care for you, then I strongly recommend this physician. The best doctors tell you what you need to hear, not what you want to hear, but if you want the best for yourself and your mental health then there is no better treatment in my personal opinion than allowing a doctor like Dr. Latrigue to work with you. You may not like it at first but if your seeking the best treatment for mental health then I strongly recommend trying out Dr. Latrigue. Never was he rude, inconsiderate, cold, unempathetic, or anything other than a brilliant doctor looking to treat me in the best way possible. He was everything that I needed as a patient.
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
39 Years Experience
University Of Texas Medical School At Houston
Graduated in 1979
Please contact the office for more information.
More about Dr. Chris Lartigue
I am a board certified psychiatrist with 35 years of experience in a variety of practice settings. I offer psychotherapy, pharmacotherapy and collaborative medication management with other treating but non-prescribing mental health professionals.
Locations & DirectionsCHRIS LARTIGUE MD, 820 Lafitte St Ste 107, Mandeville, LA
Dr. Chris Lartigue is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Mandeville, LA.