Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Christopher D Lawson has the following 2 specialties
Cardiologists are doctors who specialize in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of conditions related to the heart and blood vessels.
A patient may be referred to a cardiologist if he experiences symptoms like chest pains, shortness of breath, dizziness, or high blood pressure. The physician will then evaluate your symptoms, take your health and family history and your weight. The cardiologist may order additional diagnostic tests, such as an echocardiogram, X-ray or blood tests. If necessary, the cardiologist may also call for a cardiac catheterization - a procedure in which a small tube is inserted into or near the heart that can take pictures of the heart's activity, or relieve blockage.
Once determining whether there is a heart condition, a cardiologist will treat a patient through cholesterol management, cardiac rehabilitation, and fitness. If surgical intervention is required, like open-heart surgery, a cardiologist will make that determination, but a cardiothoracic surgeon will perform the procedure.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Unstable Angina
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Heart Block
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
Showing 5 of 8
Dr Lawson saved my life at Norwood Hospital when I came in by ambulance in the grip of a heart attack. His quick action and skill in the Cath Lab cleared my arterial blockage and he installed two state of the art stents to keep it open. When I was discharged from the hospital by another cardiologist, Dr Lawson followed up with a phone call to my home to check on my well being. You could not ask for a better physician.
Dr. Lawson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
13 Years Experience
Georgetown University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2005
Dr. Christopher D Lawson accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSmg Cardiology At Norwood Hospital, 825 Washington St Ste 290, Norwood, MA
Dr. Christopher D Lawson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Norwood, MA.