Dr. Christopher D Lyons Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Christopher D Lyons?

Wonderful Doctor. Takes adequate time to listen to your health issues/symptoms. Has provided accurate diagnosis and thorough follow-up. I have been a patient of Dr. Lyons for over ten years and have been very satisfied with his care.

Glad we saw this doctor

I am so glad that I did not read these previous reviews before making the appointment to see Dr. Lyons. My husband has had problems for quite a long time now but recently became much worse. He was able to get an appointment fairly quickly with Dr. Lyons. We didn't have to wait long at all to see the doctor. This could have been due in part to the fact that we had an appointment early in the day. What people do not realize is that there are many variables involved when you are waiting to see a doctor. The advent of the electronic medical record while streamlining things, has also caused a great deal of backups due to the amount of time it takes to enter all the initial information into the system. Nothing can be done about that except to comply. As for the time the doctor took listening to us, this was quite adequate. He was patient, attentive, and caring. The needed procedure was scheduled without difficulty, partly because of my familiarity with medical procedures and the current status of our healthcare system. On the day of the procedure, the waiting time was minimal ... again due in part to the timing of the procedure ... but the endoscopy center is run as efficiently as possible from what I have been able to see (I have been a patient there as well). Dr. Lyons was courteous and took the time to explain everything to us. Further necessary tests have been ordered/ performed, and available results have been relayed to us in a timely manner with specific and easily understandable explanations. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Lyons to friends and /or family. He is professional, capable, and competent. It is a shame that some people's expectations and perceptions are so skewed, and their reactions so scathing. This is typical, however. I have found in my line of work (and many others) that people who are not satisfied for whatever reason will frequently use this type of forum to sound off and air their displeasure, while those who have good experiences seldom say anything.

WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND

I will never go back to him or refer anyone to see him!! Every appointment I had was cancelled and reschedule after scheduling them weeks in advance, after my colonoscopy he cancelled my follow up and never rescheduled. Put me on medicine for my condition he found but failed to mention the horrible side affects and the fact that I needed blood test every 6 months as well as another medication to supplement what he put me on. Never bother calling or following up at all. Then sent me a ridiculous bill because my insurance did not pay a dime because his notes were WRONG! Awful experience

superb physician, great bedside manner,caring manner.

Very poor communication with staff. No follow up after tests.

Find Another Doctor

I went to Dr. Lyons after being referred becuase of pain in my stomach. He did blood work but stated he was confused by my results and said he would help me. He never did help me. A couple months later, I ended up in the ER with a gallbladder attack and having my gallbladder removed. I called his office first and was told to buy milk of magnesia for my pain. How was that suppose to help? I now have chronic liver disease and would not go back to this doctor for anything. He does not do what he promises and his staff is extremely rude.

Can't believe he's not as busy as the others

I've been seeing a different doctor for 2 years for my diarrhea and it always took 2-3 months to get in to see him. I got an appointment with Dr. Lyons 6 days after I called. After going through 3 different procedures Dr. Lyons found my problem with ONE BLOOD TEST. Who knew wheat was sooo bad. The only complaint is that it took him 2 days to call me back, he says because he isn't in the office every day. I don't know why he can see patients so quickly, but I'm sure glad I went.

Young docor, old office...

If having plush and expensive surroundings while you wait is what you're after, he might not be the doctor for you. His office staff has some tattoos and I get the sense that his secretary barely finished high school, but he was very nice, very thorough, and delivered as promised. (I didn't feel a thing during the colonoscopy he did for me later.)

Dr. Christopher D Lyons is similar to the following 3 Doctors near North Chesterfield, VA.