- Ulcerative Colitis Get the facts about ulcerative colitis, including what causes it, signs and symptoms, and complications that can arise from the condition.
- Psoriatic Arthritis Get the facts about psoriatic arthritis, including who gets it, the symptoms, and the different types.
- Adult Asthma Get the facts about adult asthma, including who gets it, what triggers it, and how allergies can affect it.
- Fibromyalgia Get the facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions that may be related to it.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Christopher M Mathews has 2 locations
Dr. Christopher M Mathews has the following 2 SPECIALTIES
Dr. Christopher M Mathews has the following 10 expertise
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Abdominal Pain
- Ulcerative Colitis
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2013, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2013, 2014, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Top 10 Doctor - State (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
19 Years Experience
Graduated in 2000
Dr. Christopher M Mathews Accepts the Following Insurance
More about Dr. Christopher M Mathews
A native of Florida, Dr. Mathews grew up in the panhandle. After attending Wake Forest University for undergraduate, he returned to his birthplace of Miami for medical school at the University of Miami. Dr. Mathews relocated to the TriCities in 2006 after completing his training in Gastroenterology at the University of Tennessee Memphis. He is very active in his church and enjoys spending time with his family. He has a wide variety of interests from cooking to hunting, but enjoys those activities the most that include his entire family.