Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Christopher Madias
Dr. Christopher Madias, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Chicago, IL. He has 17 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease, Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Madias is affiliated with Rush University Medical Center. Dr. Madias has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Christopher Madias has the following 3 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
While cardiologists diagnose and treat all types of heart disease, electrophysiologists have extended education in rhythmic disorders, also known as cardiac arrhythmia or an irregular heartbeat. An electrophysiologist typically works closely with a cardiologist and together they can treat arrhythmia, help you prevent blood clots, or restore and control a normal heart rate.
They can also provide information on medications and devices — such as a pacemaker or an implantable defibrillator — used to control an abnormal heart rate. When it come to treating arrhythmias, there are both invasive and non-invasive treatment options and an electrophysiologist can help you decide which is right for you.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Pacemaker Implantation
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Ventricular Tachycardia
- Unstable Angina
- Supraventricular Tachycardia
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Dr. Christopher Madias gets my highest recommendation. I was admitted to Rush University Medical Center into the Cardiac Stepdown Unit with a diagnosis of atrial fibrilation. Dr. Madias took the time to completely explain the condition and options. His attitude was simply "caring." He just asked and we talked about something very important to me - my heart. But, there was nothing scary, threatening or patronizing about it. He detailed what they'd have to do to be sure the "a.fib" was defibrilated safely. That afternoon they did it. And, Dr. Madias was there in the evening, checking to see if I was okay. I was pretty emotional - it's hard to believe how wonderful a "normal" heartbeat is when you probably haven't felt it in a while. Dr. Madias seemed to understand completely and left for the night, but was right back in my room chatting the next day - making sure I was still "wonderfully normal."
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Madias is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
17 Years Experience
Tufts University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2001
Dr. Christopher Madias accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsRush University Cardiologists, 1725 W Harrison St Ste 1159, Chicago, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Christopher Madias in this video.
Dr. Christopher Madias is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chicago, IL.