Dr. Christopher Madias Is this you?

2 Ratings • 1 Comment

3.0

Have you seen Dr. Christopher Madias?

Life changing shock to the heart

Dr. Christopher Madias gets my highest recommendation. I was admitted to Rush University Medical Center into the Cardiac Stepdown Unit with a diagnosis of atrial fibrilation. Dr. Madias took the time to completely explain the condition and options. His attitude was simply "caring." He just asked and we talked about something very important to me - my heart. But, there was nothing scary, threatening or patronizing about it. He detailed what they'd have to do to be sure the "a.fib" was defibrilated safely. That afternoon they did it. And, Dr. Madias was there in the evening, checking to see if I was okay. I was pretty emotional - it's hard to believe how wonderful a "normal" heartbeat is when you probably haven't felt it in a while. Dr. Madias seemed to understand completely and left for the night, but was right back in my room chatting the next day - making sure I was still "wonderfully normal."