Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Facts about Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML) Facts Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Christopher L Marsh MD
Dr. Christopher L Marsh has the following 2 specialties
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
- Transplant Surgery
Transplant surgeons are trained to transplant organs from donors, whether living or deceased, to the patients in need. This includes liver, lung, heart, intestine, pancreas and kidney transplants as well as tissue, bone marrow and cornea transplants. Kidney disease, diabetes, cystic fibrosis and serious infections are just a few reasons you might need a transplant.
Your surgeon will consult with you prior to the operation for a pre-transplant evaluation and they will see you through your healing process to ensure you have no complications. Some surgeons get additional training and education on pediatric transplants to provide special care to children.
Dr. Christopher L Marsh has the following 7 expertise
- Kidney Transplant (Renal Transplant)
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Pancreas Transplantation
- Adrenal Surgery (Adrenalectomy)
Dr. Christopher L Marsh is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Self-verified patient of Dr. Christopher L Marsh - Posted on August 20th, 2013
Very good doctor
Self-verified patient of Dr. Christopher L Marsh - Posted on July 31st, 2013
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
39 Years Experience
Loma Linda University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
Mayo Clinic And Medical School
Dr. Christopher L Marsh Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Christopher L Marsh
Christopher Marsh, MD, is the chief of the Scripps Organ Transplantation Service in the division of organ transplantation and surgical program director of the Scripps Center for Organ Transplantation. He is currently chief of staff for Scripps Green Hospital. Dr. Marsh has expertise in liver, kidney and pancreas transplantation, as well as liver, adrenal and retroperitoneal/abdominal sarcoma surgery. His active clinical research includes clinical trials using new immunosuppressive drug regimens in liver, pancreas and kidney transplants. He is also pioneering steroid-free immunosuppression in organ transplantation and initiating new clinical protocols. Previously, Dr. Marsh was associate professor of surgery and urology, director of the kidney and pancreas transplantation program and associate head of the division of organ transplantation at the University of Washington Medical Center in Seattle. He is a member of numerous societies including the American College of Surgeons, the American Society of Transplant Surgeons, the International Pancreas and Islet Transplant Association, and the American and International Liver Transplant Societies. He also holds positions on national and regional transplantation and organ procurement committees and has been involved with the United Network for Organ Sharing (UNOS) liver and intestine committee and pancreas islet committee.
Locations & DirectionsSCRIPPS GREEN HOSPITAL, 10666 N Torrey Pines Rd, La Jolla, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Christopher L Marsh, MD - Transplant Surgery in La Jolla, CA, in this video.
Dr. Christopher L Marsh is similar to the following 4 Doctors near La Jolla, CA.