Have you seen Dr. Christopher Mawn?

C- Debacle

I documented two problems on the phone to make my appointment and on New Patient documents. I explained both medical issues to the person taking my vital signs and explained them a fourth time to Dr. Mawn’s Physician’s Assistant, Erin. Mawn is a Hands-off type with a cavalier attitude. His office is devoid of the Videostromoscopy technology essential to definitive diagnoses despite being in a medical building attached to St. Anthony Hospital. Mawn directs his physician’s assistant to play doctor and do his job. In my “examination” (Erin) subjected me to a Nasolaryngoscopy and reported nothing wrong with my vocal chords when Mawn made his appearance. As I explained the problem and failure of speech therapy exercises to improve the current situation to Mawn he decided to subject me to a second Nasolaryngoscopy and found evidence of vocal cord atrophy. To add insult to injury, Erin failed to report my sinus problems to Mawn, and they were not addressed. I felt rushed out of the office only to realize in my car the sinus problems were ignored. I called the office within the hour after leaving and left a message for Erin, explaining Dr. Mawn failed to examine my sinuses. Erin stated, “I examined your sinus problem.” That was the end for me, I told her I did not like how I was treated, I would not work with them again, and hung up the phone in disgust.

Best ENT around

Despite a poor 1st visit, in which a staff member was rude and seemingly incompetent during a sinus examination, involving tubes into nose (I have not seen this person since), I have all wonderful things to say about Dr. Mawn himself. He IS very thoughtful, understands patient's needs, and "tunes in" to patient's demeanor and goes beyond even what the essentials are. Comfortable and relaxed personality. He also gives options of discretionary procedures with appropriate explanations. I do not understand what some people are saying since I have NOT EXPERIENCED one bit of incompetence or uncaring behavior at all

If you're looking for a wonderful doctor , then look no further . Dr Mawn and his team are fantastic , caring , great bed side manners , and respectful of the patent . I would refer Dr Mawn and his team to everybody . Thanks again .Deb C

The Doctor You Want on Your Side

After discovering that I had a nodular melanoma, the "deadliest and fastest growing" of all melanomas, I was referred to Dr. Mawn and how fortunate I was. Dr. Mawn is an ENT, but also an American Board certified facial plastic and reconstructive surgeon who deals frequently with the most difficult cases of melanomas. He took on my case with a real sense of urgency. I was scheduled for an appointment within two days of my referral and by the time I met with him it was obvious that he had carefully studied all of my lab tests and background information. He fast tracked precautionary tests so that by the time I went into surgery he had all the factual information he needed to make the right decisions in the operating room. He was able to remove all of the cancer cells and amazingly, my scarring is almost totally unnoticeable. Much to my relief, Dr. Mawn intends to remain involved in my recovery by following up with first quarterly, then annual check-ups over the next several years. He has also contacted my general practitioner to keep her in the know and to advise her of what she needs to look for in the future. Dr. Mawn is not only a very skilled physician, but he takes a genuine interest in his patients and juggles the system in order to make sure his patients have all the medical technology and resources they need for the best possible outcome. Thanks to him, I can look forward to many years ahead knowing I am under his expert care. He is truly a skilled and caring physician whom I would highly recommend.

I was extremely impressed with his knowledge of my situation and how quickly he responded to my needs. He solved my problem and has made sure all of my needs have been met and his staff stands behind him with their follow up.

Dr. Mawn is an arrogant unsympathetic know it all. If you see him don't question his capabilities or he'll turn into a rude monger.

Not a good doctor

Dr. Christoper Mawn performed surgery on me for almost seven hours to put a prosthetic bone in my ear. It fell out less than six months later.

Very effective and nice actually listens Knows his stuff

Dr Mawn, was easy to get an appt with and had the correct diagnosis for me. I suffered from migraines for 30 plus years and sinus infections several times a year. He did sinus surgery on me and I have not had a migraine or infection since. He's great!!!

lifesaver....

Dr.Mawn was my surgeon a few years ago, and it was lifesaving is all thats needed to be said...I will never forget him because I truly think he saved my life

We needed to find an excellent doctor for a child in Lexington, VA who had a broken nose. Dr. Mawn was just what we hoped for. Not only is he an Otolaryngologist, he has a subspecialty in plastic surgery. We have very high standards for doctors because we are from a city with excellent facilities and doctors. Dr. Mawn lived up to all our expectations. Besides being highly proficient, he has an pleasant bedside manner. Thank you, Dr. Mawn!

outstanding surgeon

Dr. Christopher Mawn is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Lakewood, CO.

Dr. Christopher Mawn Is this you?