Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Christopher R Mcneil has the following 1 specialty
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
I WAS SERIOUSLY ILL AND CALLED 911 TO TAKE ME TO THE HOSPITAL. IT TURNED OUT THAT I WAS HAVING A HEART ATTACK AND MY HEART WAS IN AN ABNORMAL RHYTHM. I WAS TAKEN TO UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL IN SAN ANTONIO. DR. MCNEIL TOOK CARE OF ME AND SAVED MY LIFE. DR. MCNEIL WAS ONE OF THE KINDEST AND SMARTEST DOCTOR I HAVE EVER MET. MY WIFE AND I WERE VERY SCARED AND I WAS IN CRITICAL CONDITION. I HAD LOTS OF IV'S AND MONITORS PLACED ON ME VERY QUICKLY AND AN ENTIRE TEAM OF NURSES AND MEDICAL PEOPLE WERE RUSHING AROUND TO SAVE MY LIFE. DR. MCNEIL WAS VERY CALM AND EVERYONE FOLLOWED ALL OF HIS COMMANDS WITHOUT HESITATION. HE WAS EVEN TEACHING STUDENT DOCTORS WHILE HE WAS TREATING ME. EVEN THOUGH IT WAS AN EMERGENCY SITUATION, DR. MCNEIL WAS ABLE TO EXPLAIN EVERYTHING TO ME AND MY WIFE IN "REAL PEOPLE" LANGUAGE. HIS BEDSIDE MANOR WAS EXCEPTIONAL, AND THAT MADE ME MORE CONFIDENT IN HIS ABILITIES. DR. MCNEIL HAD TO SEDATE ME AND SHOCK MY HEART BACK TO A NORMAL RHYTHM BEFORE THE CARDIOLOGIST COULD TAKE ME TO THE CATH LAB TO OPEN MY ARTERY WITH A STENT. I KNOW DR. MCNEIL IS AN EMERGENCY ROOM DOCTOR, BUT HE EVEN ROUNDED ON ME EVERY DAY THAT I WAS IN THE ICU TO SEE HOW I WAS DOING. MY CARDIOLOGIST EVEN TOLD ME THAT I WAS LUCKY TO HAVE DR. MCNEIL TAKE CARE OF ME IN THE ER, THAT HE SAVED MY LIFE AND THAT DR. MCNEIL WAS THE BEST ER DOCTOR HE HAD EVER MET. WE WILL ALL BE SICK SOMEDAY, AND I HOPE DR. MCNEIL WILL BE THERE TO TAKE CARE OF ALL OF OUR EMERGENCIES.
11 Years Experience
University Of Nebraska College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2007
Dr. Christopher R Mcneil accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUniversity Hospital, 4502 Medical Dr, San Antonio, TX
Dr. Christopher R Mcneil is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Antonio, TX.